(19) All Too Real

Saturday July 26, 1980

Last week they found out that Dorcas was murdered by none other than He Who Must Not Be Named himself. Everyone was completely devastated but the war didn't give them much time to mourn. Just to add onto everyone's stress, Remus had been sent on a mission yesterday. He was supposed to be coming home this morning.

Andy woke up to the sun shining through her window. As she was getting dressed she remembered that Remus was going to be back today. She quickly pulled her shirt over her head and ran out of her room and down the hall to Remus and Sirius's room.

The door was already open but no one was in the bed so she assumed he was already down stairs. When she gets to the kitchen she only sees Sirius.

"Is daddy back yet?" Sirius turns to see the little girl with a worried face.

"No, not yet but I'm sure he'll be back any minute, don't worry," Sirius answers with a reassuring smile. "What'd ya want for Brekkie?"

Andy just shrugs and sits down at the table. Sirius sighs and sits next to her. He knows that she has a really special relationship with Remus. That they're closer than the rest of the boys. He doesn't mind though he can understand where it comes from.

She brings out the best in Remus no matter how sad or how much pain he is in, she always makes him happy. Remus does the same for her, they have a very special connection. Even if the others get jealous sometimes, they understand.

"Pup, you don't need to worry, okay. He'll be back real soon. I promise."

"I know, I just hope he's alright."

"How about eggs and toast?" Sirius asked, standing up.

"Sure," Andy nodded.

***

Sirius tried to spend the day making Andy not be so nervous. It was like she was just counting the hours he had been gone. Every few minutes she would look at the clock and Sirius didn't want her to spend the whole day worrying so he came up with an idea.

"Andy," she looked up and Sirius who was now standing in front of the couch she was sitting on. "You and I are going to go see a film."

"What? Why? What if daddy comes home while we're gone?"

"Er, don't worry about that bit, we'll be home," Sirius said happily. "There's an American film that came out yesterday, why don't we go see it?"

Andy thought about it for a second before answering. "What's it called?"

"Caddyshack, it's got that guy you like, Bill Murray."

"Oh I do like Bill Murray," Andy answered. "I just don't know..."

"Aw come on sweetheart," Sirius smiled, sitting down next to her. "Y'know you wanna." He poked her side lightly making her giggle.

"Hey, no tickling," Andy protested, trying to hold back her giggles.

"Oh? Is that so?" Sirius questioned, smugly slowly stretching out his arms towards her slowly.

Andy tried to get up but he pulled her back and started tickling her. She laughed loudly and so did Sirius.

"O-okay, I-I'll go!" Andy yelled between laughs. Sirius stopped and gave her a hug.

"Yeah, that's what I thought," Sirius said, giving her a wide grin.

Sirius picked her up and they apparated around the corner from the theater so no one would see them.

They got a large popcorn and drinks then walked into the theater. During the movie Andy decided her favorite character was the gopher and even though he was annoying Bill Murray, she didn't want him to die.