(11) Monsters

Saturday February 18, 1978

Remus hadn't spoken to Andy since the night she followed them. The rest of the boys basically ignored her except to give her meals.

Andy knew they were really mad so she didn't bother telling them how sick she felt. She was always tired, nauseous, and threw up a lot when they weren't there. Luckily she never had to vomit when they were there, since they tried to spend as little time with her as possible. Which really made Andy sad and scared that she'd fucked up too much and they'd send her back to her parents.

Remus came back drunk every night which scared all of them, mostly Sirius and Andy. She tried to apologize many times but Remus just walked right past her. She was really scared that they were going to send her back.

It was pretty late at night and the boys still weren't back. Andy was currently vomiting in the toilet when she heard the door open.

"Andy?" she heard James call from back in the dorm. "Andy, where are you?" He pushed the door open and saw Andy throwing up. He quickly dropped on his knees next to her and held her hair so it wouldn't get vomit in it. "Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry," he whispered while rubbing small circles on her back.

Eventually she stopped and James flushed the toilet then pulled her into a hug. "I-I'm sorry, Prongies," Andy whispered, trying to hold back the tears.

"It's okay, love. Everything will be okay. I promise," James's voice cracked a little and Andy could tell he was crying a little. She wrapped her small arms around him tightly and cried into his shoulder.

James stroked her hair and held her while she cried telling her how sorry he was. Soon the loud crying turned into quiet sobs and James brought her to her bed.

She cuddled with her dragon plushie from Lily and laid her head on the pillow, closing her eyes, thinking that in the morning maybe things would go back to normal.

"Good night, darling," James whispered, standing up and walking out of the dorm.

***

In the morning it was still dead quiet so all of the boys were still asleep and when she looked, all of their curtains were closed. She didn't want to upset them so she stayed in bed quietly, staring at the ceiling. It was a while before Peter woke up and went to the toilet to get dressed. After he left the dorm Andy got up to get dressed too.

When she walked back out James and Sirius were whispering on Sirius's bed. They both turned to look at her so she looked down and started walking back to her bed but stopped when Sirius called to her.

"Andy, darling, come 'er," Sirius whispered and smiled a bit. She quickly walked over to them happily, excited that Sirius was talking to her. He helped her onto the bed and she sat in between them.

"I told Padfoot about what happened last night. I'm guessing it wasn't the first time?" James said, trying to make it seem like a question even though he knew the answer. She nodded and looked down. "Since Friday?" Andy nodded again.

"Why didn't you tell us, sweetheart. We told you to tell us if you're ever sick," Sirius finally spoke. Andy continued to look down and play with her fingers.

"W-well you were already really mad at me and I thought you'd get more angry," Andy muttered. James and Sirius looked at each other feeling horrible.

"No matter how we're feeling, your health comes first, got it?" James said. She finally looked up at them and nodded.

"You have to understand though Andy, we weren't mad at you, none of us are. We're mad at ourselves. We should've told you in the beginning about Moony's condition," Sirius started.

"You're a six year old, we shouldn't be leaving a scared six year old alone all night. But we're sixteen and seventeen, we have no clue how to raise a child," James continued.

"And as dumb as it was for you to follow us, you're six and have been raised by horrible parents and a bunch of idiotic teenage boys. You were just curious," Sirius finished.

"N-no it's not your fault! It's all my fault, I was stupid follow you."

"We can sit here and I blame ourselves but it wasn't just one person's fault. Now how about we just hug?" Sirius said grinning. Andy wrapped her arms around Sirius.

A few hours later Remus finally woke up but no one was in the dorm besides Andy.

"Good morning, Moony," Andy said, smiling and looking up from her book. He looked at her for a moment and gave her a small smile before walking to the toilet.

Even though it was such a little gesture, Andy was happy he acknowledged her. Once she went back to her book, James and Sirius walked back in with Lily.

"Hi darling," Lily said, walking over to Andy's bed and giving her a hug.

"Hello Lils," Andy said.

"How are you feeling?"

Andy shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know, better than before."

Remus walked out back to his bed and closed the curtains. Everyone could hear him unscrew the cap of a bottle. All the teens looked at each other disappointed.

Lily was obviously fed up and got up and walked to his bed pulling back the curtain. "You better stop this," Lily said, sitting on his bed and closing the curtains.

Lily whispered 'muffliato' and Andy couldn't hear the rest of their conversation. A few minutes later Lily stood up and ran out of the dorm with tears in her eyes and James chased after her.

"What the hell was that, Moony? Evans doesn't fucking cry!" Sirius said angrily, fed up with Remus's behavior.

"I just told her the truth and she didn't like what I had to say, not my bloody fault."

Andy sat on her bed pretending too read but she was just watching everything.

"What the hell did you say then?" Sirius yelled. Remus just ignored him and took a swig from the bottle of Firewhiskey. Sirius slapped it out of his hand and the glass bottle shattered on the ground.

"Ah fuck you!" Remus yelled at Sirius.

"What the fuck did you say to Evans!"

"I told her that we should send her," Remus pointed right at Andy, "back!" Sirius slapped Remus across the face.

"YOU BETTER SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH GOD DAMMIT!" Sirius screamed. Andy stared in shock as her eyes filled with tears.

"WE DON'T FUCKING KNOW HOW TO RAISE A CHILD AND LOOK WHAT ALREADY HAPPENED!" Remus yelled back. "I turned her into a fucking monster, just like me," Remus's voice cracked and he looked down ashamed.

Sirius walked over to Andy and picked her up. She sobbed quietly into his Queen shirt while he walked back over to Remus. Sirius turned her so Remus could see her face.

"You really think that she's now a monster?" Sirius asked calmly. Remus finally looked up and saw her teary hazel eyes and broke down. He ran over to Andy and held her tightly.

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean any of it, I promise. I love you so much," Remus whispered and stroked her hair with his fingers. They both cried and Sirius quietly slipped out of the dorm.

"It's okay Moony, I- I know. I love you too."

"It's just- I was about your age when I got bitten a-and I couldn't deal with the fact that I've ruined your life," Remus cried.

"You've saved my life more than once. You're the only reason I'm alive."

Remus chuckled a little, threw his tears and hugged her tighter.

---------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for 146 reads! That's insane! I'm so grateful you guys are the best!

I'm really sorry that the chapters are getting shorter but I'm trying. Hopefully the next chapter will be sooner. Love you all <3