(14) Romance

Saturday November 18, 1978

Things in the war were starting to pick up and Remus and Sirius were gone a lot on missions. Euphemia and Fleamont did end up having to babysit pretty often. Every time that anyone went on a mission, Andy would do nothing but worry.

This weekend no one had any missions so James and Lily invited everyone over for dinner. Andy got there with Remus and Sirius by using Floo Powder.

"HELLO!" Andy yelled when walked into the house.

"PUP! YAY!" James yelled, running into the room and lifting Andy up to hug her.

They walked into the kitchen where Lily and Peter were cooking. Mary and Marlene were talking at the table and Dorcas was getting a drink.

"Hiya everyone!" Andy said while walking into the kitchen.

"Andy!" Marlene yelled, standing up and running over to Andy. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too," Andy said, muffled in Marlene's shirt while she hugged the little girl tightly.

"Hey Andy!" Dorcas said, ruffling Andy's hair.

"Dinner will be ready soon!" Peter said.

"Sirius be a dear and set the table with James," Lily said, not looking up from the food.

"But-" Sirius started but stopped when Lily glared at him. "Fine," he sighed, walking slowly to the dining room.

"I'll help too!" Andy said, happily following behind Sirius.

Andy couldn't do magic yet, for obvious reasons so she didn't really help. Sirius and James set the table by just pointing their wands at the table and all the utensils and plates magically appeared on the table.

Soon Lily and Peter told everyone that dinner was ready so they all sat down and started eating. They made lasagna and chips for everyone and it was delicious.

"It's delicious, thank you," Remus said, while everyone else was stuffing their faces.

"Mmh, very good," Andy tried to say but her mouth was full of food.

After all the food was gone Lily and James told everyone that they had an announcement.

"So everyone knows how hard everything has been with the war," Lily began.

"Yeah and so we decided that y'know now is a better time than ever..." James added.

"We're getting married!" Lily said happily. She and James smiled and waited for responses.

Everyone stared at them for a moment not knowing how to respond.

"Where's the ring then?" Marlene questioned.

"Uh it was kinda sudden, I haven't gotten her the ring yet, but it's coming real soon!" James answered, disappointed that the first thing anyone said.

"This is wonderful!" Andy said happily, smiling widely.

"Good someone's actually happy," Lily said, smiling back at Andy.

"But- I mean people are dying every other day! How can you get married?" Peter asked.

"Why not have something good during this horrible time?" James said optimistically.

"Yeah I agree! I'm really happy for you two!" Mary said, standing up and giving Lily and James a hug.

"When's the wedding?" Sirius asked.

"We don't know yet," Lily answered.

"What do you know?" Remus asked, sarcastically.