Chapter 17

Katy's POV: -
"Wake up, Katy, wake up, babe," said Sally in her soft and perfect voice. "Mehhh" I whined. "We have to get to the arena for the arrangements, babe, let's get going. Katy? Wake up, are you listening?" her voice kept getting thicker and thicker turning into Tamra's voice. Thinking it was Sally I smiled and raised a little with my eyes closed and tried to kiss her.
"KATY! What are you doing? WAKE UP!" she shouted making me wakeup abruptly. "Oh my god I'm so sorry, Tam! I thought it was Sally who was waking me up, but I guess it wasn't her," I said sighing loudly. Tamra rubbed my back and said, "It's fine, you'll see her soon, okay? Don't worry. As of now, you have to get ready to go see the Arena for your tour." "I'll be there," I said giving a faded smile. Tamra smiled and left the room. Just as I got out of bed I heard my phone ring. The caller ID showed Sally's beautiful picture making me answer the call way too quickly even though I was half asleep.
"HELLO?" I said in my hyper voice.
"H-hi, is this Katy, Katy Perry?" a woman with an unfamiliar voice asked.
"Do you happen to know Sally in any way?" she asked me making my heart pound even faster. Where is Sally, I thought to myself.
"Yeah, well, she's my girlfriend. May I know who this is?" I asked sounding as calm as possible.
"This is her doctor-" "Is she alright?" I interrupted.
"Uh yeah she is, she got into an accident last night and told me to call you and let you know about it," she said making my heart skip a beat.
"How is she now? Was she drunk? Is somebody else with her?" I asked in a single breath.
"There's nothing to worry about Ms. Perry, she's absolutely fine. There was this man, Jack with Sally who got her here. There are just a few injuries on her head, neck and back as she got hit by a car," she said. "Can I talk to her?" I asked. "I'm sorry ma'am, she needs rest right now and-" "It's fine, just tell her that I'm going to meet her soon," I interrupted again and said in a hurtful voice still trying to hide the worry. "Surely," she said. "Thanks," I replied and hung up.
"Are you ready yet, Katy?" Tamra shouted from outside my hotel room. "Almost!" I shouted back trying to hide the sadness in my voice. I ran my hand through my hair in stress and helplessness because my girlfriend got into an accident and I didn't know how she was and worried about what that man Jack was doing with her and hoped he didn't try to take advantage of her being drunk. I hated my life right now and I hated the fact that Sally was with another man that too when she was drunk even more and the worst part was that I couldn't be there for her. I got out of my bed with absolutely zero will and started getting ready still lost in thoughts of my girlfriend and started getting ready.
Sally's POV: -
I woke up on a comfortable yet cold bed. The sunshine fell on my face. My head and the left side of the body hurt. I looked around and realized that I was in a hospital and got reminded of the accident that happened last night. After talking to Katy, I saw Amanda was busy having fun so I left the club in a hurry and didn't drive. On my way I was so lost in thoughts of Katy that I didn't even realize when a car hit me and was brought here by some guy who was probably the driver.
I saw the doctor and asked, "Am I doing well now?" She had a few papers in her hand and looked at me while reading through them.
"You're fine, you'll be sent back home in a few hours," she smiled and said.
"So, are there any meds or ointments or something that you're gonna prescribe?" I asked.
"Yeah, not many but some and as you've broken your left arm, it's going to get plastered but for now just take rest," she said smiling again.
"And doc one last thing, um... Have you informed Katy?" I asked with a softer tone in embarrassment because I thought I was annoying her by my questions.
She smiled and replied, "I did."
"Did she sound mad?" I asked again.
"Not really, actually. She sounded worried and stressed and confused," she said.
"Shit," I said hiding myself under the sheets.
She giggled and said, "Sleep." "Kay," I said like a two year old.
Third Person: -
Sally tried to sleep thinking of how much stress she had created for Katy and was worried it might affect her work. Katy on the other hand was guilty that she could not be there for her girlfriend and was stuck with fulfilling her fans' expectations. They missed each other more than ever. They missed each other's presence and each other's touch and love. It was hard for them having to stay away and that too just after four days since their relationship started.
Sally was tensed and confused about their relationship. She had thoughts in her mind like what would happen if their life would just pass trying to find time for each other? What if she would never stop creating stress for Katy? What if they would never be able to meet each other? She was worried because both of them had jobs that required them to travel a lot. She didn't always want to make Katy feel like their relationship was good for nothing because there could be times when she needed her girlfriend who would probably be miles away from her just because of her dreams of achieving success in her career. Thinking of this, a tear slid from her eyes and she went to sleep. She was too tired of thinking so much. The only thing she could think of was a breakup. She didn't always want to create problems for Katy.
Katy was sat in her car while she listened to music and thought of her girlfriend. What if she stops loving me just because I couldn't be there for her? What if she never forgave me for being the reason why the paps followed her everywhere and made her life miserable? I can't do this anymore. I want to stay with her but I don't want to be the reason for her problems all the time. I'm sure she deserves so much better than me like I have absolutely nothing to give her, not even physical presence 24/7, she thought to herself with her eyes turning pink and watery behind her ray ban glasses. I'm not good enough. I think what I'm thinking of is going to be the right decision. I'm gonna have to breakup with her. The word 'breakup' made her cry out loudly catching Tamra's attention. She turned towards Katy and understood what was going on.She spread her arms making Katy jump into her arms and cry even louder.
"It's going to be fine, don't worry," she said rubbing Katy's delicate back. Katy couldn't control herself and didn't want to either. The saddest thing she had in mind was that she was breaking her promise of always being with Sally but she knew that she was doing it just for her happiness even though it would hurt both of them a lot. She stayed in Tamra's arms for some time and tried to control her feelings. She didn't want everyone to know what was going on in her personal life. She wiped her eyes, breathed deeply and paid attention to the song that she listened to.
I don't know what to start from. So, uh, hi, it's me Katy. (Of course it is duh). I just have so much to say but nothing can be really expressed in words and that's the reason why I'm writing you this in my ratchet handwriting that I don't know how but you find beautiful.
I just want to thank you for making me feel happy and beautiful once again. In fact that's the reason why I fell for you so quickly. Because you made me feel complete since the day you first kissed me. I remember your pink soft lips touching my lips for the very first time like it was just a few seconds ago. Every time you kiss me there's this country of butterflies in my stomach that start jumping and I can never get enough of you.
Many people have come and have gone and sometimes it has really affected me and sometimes it hasn't ay all. But you, you're just this piece of perfection that I can never get over no matter what happens.
In fact, you don't know this but I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Just with you. I have never found someone so beautiful, sexy, gorgeous, perfect, annoying and childish ever in my life.
I hope one day you realize what you mean to me. Good thing I took you, I couldn't have let someone else do that! I love you; Sally Stuart and you have completely changed my view on life. You made me realize that no matter what happens, one thing that always remains is love and I guess I've found that with you. I know I'm always going to annoy you and probably make you mad sometimes with my stupidities but I also know that nobody can replace you no matter what you do because I have never fallen for someone so quickly and I know that you're the one for me and will always be the one for me.
The thoughts of the letter Katy wrote to Sally hurt so much because they wanted to be with each other but they wanted each other to be happy and thought that that could be possible only by a breakup but they hadn't realized what they meant to each other and how much they were meant to be. Both of them were hurting inside but they couldn't help it. The thought of distance killing their relationship was killing the two inside and the only solution they could think of was a breakup.