Chapter 38

Third Person POV: - 

[A DAY BEFORE THA BIG DAY]

“You’ve bought like 6 pairs of shoes can we leave now?” Sally said as she explored the mall with Lauren. “Sal, both of us know we were here for you and you ended up buying nothing, someone had to be responsible enough to like, spend some money,” Lauren explained. “I suck at shopping,” Sally said. “Not gonna lie, you do, like it’s shopping for a girlfriend, that’s easy,” Lauren said. “Oh yeah? Why don’t you give me an idea of what I should buy?” Sally retorted. Katy was at her show rehearsals and the rest of Sally wanted the rest of her friends to have fun without having to help her with the surprise so she decided to hang out with Lauren. Her surprise and everything was ready, the only thing that had to be done was shopping. “Okay, let me think,” Lauren said stopping and looking at different stores. “Oh my god, I have the most perfect plan ever,” Sally shouted making Lauren jump. “Woah, good, now you can stop giving me mini attacks by shouting,” Lauren said with a smirk. “Come with me,” Sally pulled Lauren as she got out of the shopping place.

“So, we leave tomorrow morning?” Katy asked as she sat down at the meeting table. “Yeah,” Tamra said checking her notepad. “So you are saying that you want to call Sally on stage tomorrow?” Bradford said starting the topic. “Yes sir,” Katy said proudly. “So you want to call her during the acoustic session?” He asked and Katy nodded. “Yes, just when I am about to sing double rainbow,” Katy said. “Okay that’ll be okay but the only question is how,” Tamra said. “Can she come in with the guitar when I sprinkle the glitter and stuff?” Katy asked. “That sounds perfect,” Bradford said writing down something. “I just don’t want her to know,” Katy said. “We know but if she doesn’t know, chances are that she’ll probably get late and it might ruin the whole show,” Bradford said. “That’s my job, I’ll get her to come with you on time,” Katy said with a reassuring and proud smile. “Well, if you’re okay with it, it shall be done,” Bradford said shutting his laptop and standing up indicating that the meeting is over. The team got up and their whispers turned to loud talks as everyone got out. “Thank you so much,” Katy said as she got out with Bradford. “No problem, Kate, just make sure everything works out,” he said. Katy smiled and nodded as she got dressed in her rehearsal clothes.

“You are girlfriend goals,” Lauren said as she got out of the office with Sally. “I know right?” Sally said walking towards the car making Lauren giggle. “Lo?” Sally said and Lauren hummed in response. “You still like me a lot, don’t you?” She said starting the car making Lauren smile sadly to the ground. “I have never liked you, Sally. I have always loved you with all of my heart,” she said softly. Sally felt bad and guilty for starting this topic. She knew where this was going. “I love you so much that I let you go and chase your happiness,” she said. “But it makes me happy that you’re happy. I have seen your darkest side, Sally and today when I see the person that I’ve always wanted to see, I regret nothing because your happiness is everything,” she said. Sally kept her eyes away from the emerald eyes but smiled faintly. The drive was silent, but it was a sad silence. Sally knew that Katy wouldn’t be free so she decided to take Lauren for lunch. Just as she reached the restaurant, she saw the paparazzi gathering around her car as she got out. She walked behind Lauren ignoring the questions that the crazy photographers shot at them.

“Woah that was weird,” Sally said exhaling loudly as they sat down. “Yeah, I wonder who tells them where celebrities are,” Lauren said taking a look at the menu. “I know,” Sally said doing the same thing as Lauren. Just as the girls gave their orders Sally’s phone rang. It was Kendall. “Hey,” Sally said. “Hey just called you to say that Katy and I kissed earlier and she’s dumping you,” “What?” Sally said in confusion and disgust. Obviously she knew that Kendall was joking but it wasn’t funny for her at all. “Just kidding, I called you to tell you that the place is ready and the only thing left to be done is you and Katy having a good time tonight, all the best,” she said making Sally smile widely. “Oh my god, I am so frickin excited thanks Ken, I love you,” Sally shouted to the phone. “Yeah, yeah I love you too now imma go shop a bit,” she said and the two girls hung up. “What happened?” Lauren asked smiling. “The things are ready for my surprise for Katy tonight, I’m so damn excited, oh my god, Lo,” Sally said making Lauren giggle at the fact that Sally gave her a cute nickname but she knew boundaries. The two giggled and hung out for some time before the surprise.