Chapter 26

Sally's POV: -
24TH August. Tonight's the VMAs and I'm walking with Kendall, Kim and Kylie on the red carpet. I don't know why they want me to do this like I could've just gone and waited for them without having to get my pictures clicked. Anyway, I had to do it. I silently got out of my bed just like any other day, went to the shower area, freshened up and brushed my teeth. I had been avoiding intake of caffeine and alcohol so I simply made myself some orange juice and got ready for some yoga. Every time I did yoga, I got reminded of Katy. I don't know why. As a result it made it hard for me to concentrate. So after a few sun salutations I decided to just meditate.
Meditation was such an important part of my life. Yoga was my answer to everything. It made me feel better to be honest. It made me understand that if things weren't in my hand, I just had to let them go. My heart was still hurting. I was still thinking about Katy but I lifted myself up and decided to get going for the day.
"Hey, yeah I know, it's going to be fun," I said to Kendall who talked to me over the phone. "You sound brighter today, it makes me happy," she said genuinely. "I know, Ken. I guess I can't help it and if I can't change it, I guess I'll have to let it go. I still love her to be honest but if she's happy without me, I'll have to live with it," I sighed and continued, "anyway, so I'll see you guys later tonight." "Yeah, babe, I love you, bye," she said. "Bye, love you too," I said and we hung up. I knew whatever I had said was a big lie. I knew I was lying to myself but I guess I had to. I couldn't be looking like a zombie with no expressions at all tonight. I guess I had to make myself feel better for at least one night. Plus Lauren's group had been nominated and I had to keep a happy face for her. I could be at least a little positive to show that I was grateful for her efforts. I got up and started trying the outfit Lauren had chosen for me to wear tonight.
It was actually beautiful. Damn that girl's got a good taste. The dress had a V-shaped low neck that had the perfect length down my chest. It ended right above my perfectly toned knees showing the shape of my lower back. It showed off my curves perfectly. My toned legs were perfectly visible. The dress had a perfect shade of mustard and white with black borders. I was not going to deny that I actually looked good.
The doorbell rang and I made my way to the door. "Hey," Lauren said in her sweet voice. She had a box in her right hand and greeted me with a little hug and kiss on the cheek. "Wow, this looks good on you," she said looking up and down at me. "Thanks for the dress though, really it's beautiful," I said. "No, it's beautiful because you're beautiful," she said looking straight into my eyes. I was not very comfortable with that as I said I liked her but nothing more than a friend. I still considered taking this to the next level as cheating on Katy. I still loved her and even if she moved on, it would be quite difficult for me to do the same. Sensing my discomfort, she changed the topic. "Anyway, I got you some pancakes that I made," she said. "Thank god, you saved me from my awful cooking skills," I joked making her giggle. She had been visiting me like this almost everyday and it was nice to see that she was there for me when I actually needed someone.
"I'll be back, let me just change," I said and smiled. "Sure," she smiled back. She sat in the dining area waiting for me so both of us could start our breakfast together. I got back in a few minutes in my daily shorts and tank top. She was generally checking her phone. "Sorry, we can start now," I said as I sat down in front of her. "So you'll be walking the red carpet?" she asked. "Mhm," I said stuffing a large chunk of pancake in my mouth. "Damn you're an awesome cook," I said as I moaned a little with the perfectly soft pancake with honey. "Thanks," she said, "glad you're liking it." I smiled. My eyes and face were down all over the pancake, yes I was that hungry. Suddenly, my face become flat and my heart dropped. I looked up at Lauren to ask her something and saw her staring at me with her killer emerald eyes. "What happened?" I asked. "Nothing," she said smiling at the floor. I wasn't taking this well. I knew she had feelings for me but I needed to get it clarified that I still belonged to only one person and that was Katheryn. "Um, is Katy going to be there?" I asked making her smile fade. "Don't tell me you're going to cancel coming to the VMAs because of that," she said in a low voice. "No, it's just that I don't want to see her, you know I'm not strong enough to face her right now, right?" "I know, Sally but one day or another you will have to see her, possibly even talk to her, you can't be hiding forever," she said looking at me seriously. "I just need my time, Lauren, I told you," I said. It was visible that my temper was getting high. "You know what? It's fine, even if she's there, I'll stay with you and help you get through it," she smiled. I was getting frustrated with the fact that she was always there for me and was ready to support me and it was killing me inside to know that she was doing so much and was trying so hard to make me happy. "What makes you want to help me?! Why are you so sweet with me?! Why?!" I shouted making her jump for a second. "I can't freaking handle this. How are you always ready to support me?!" Lauren was looking at me with a confused and scared look. I was literally shouting at her for absolutely nothing. Tears were appearing in my eyes and she could see them. She moved forward to wipe my tears but I pushed her hand away. She was always really patient with me. She always knew why I would get angry sometimes. She showed like she cared and she did and I didn't know why. The main reason behind me shouting at her every now and then was basically my frustration because I wanted Katy back and I felt like my life was nothing without her. I wanted to go up to her and tell her that I freaking loved her and nothing could stop that I love. I wanted to kiss her soft lips, feel her warm body and stare into her ocean-like deep eyes and love her but I was helpless. I had nothing except for a person who was ready to do so much for me but I had nothing to give in return. I was filled with so much guilt that I had to put it all out on Lauren. "I know what you go through everyday because I go through the same thing everyday too," she said in a low but stern voice. I was confused but I didn't speak, I had to control it inside. I tried to calm down and said, "look, Lo, it's just that I'm a mess right now and I'm just frustrated. I never mean to-" "I know, I understand it's fine," I was cut off by her. She held my hand in hers and gave me an assuring smile. "I'm going to be there with you, okay?" she said. "Okay," I said softly. She was looking straight into my light brown eyes that had become dull now. I tried to forget about Katy but every time I tried to do that I would fail miserably.
"So when will you be leaving?" I asked trying to change the topic. "Um by 7 I guess? The awards start at 8:30 and the red carpet starts by 7:30 so we'll reach by 7:45? We have to be there on time actually, we are performing during the pre-show," she said. "Oh okay good," I said. "What about you and Kim with the Jenners?" she asked. "They'll pick me up by about 7 so we'll be there around the same time," I said. "Babe, I hope you get to see our performance," she said. "I will, I'll be there," I said making Lauren smile. "Okay I should get going, take care, see you tonight," Lauren said giving me a hug and a wink at the end. I giggled awkwardly and hugged her back. "Bye," I said and closed the door.
Gosh how can somebody be so supportive and loving to a mess like me?
I decided to watch movies the whole day that again reminded me of Katy and I. This was making so hard for me to live I wanted to run away but I'm sure somehow I would get reminded of Katy again. I finally decided to get out of the house and work on photography. I was getting back to office next week and I had to improve or else they would fire me leaving me completely broke.

Katy's POV: -

What if Sally is going to be there at the awards? What if she's going to be with that girl? What if she's over me? What if that girl has replaced me? All those questions were killing me. I was taking this hip-hop artist, Riff Raff that diplo was talking about. I never really liked him but I guess I needed like some support or company especially when Sally was going to be with that girl. I am so fucking nervous for tonight. I still have so much of guilt that I hurt Sally and if I see her tonight I don't know what I'm going to do. It's been 3 months since I saw her and if we meet today my heart is going to hurt. I hate the fact that she's with some other girl when I still love her just as much as I used to when we were together. What if they're not dating? Sally would never do that I know her. I was trying to make myself feel better by fooling myself. My brain was killing me with thoughts of Sally. There's not even one day that I haven't thought of her. Even during shows I've dedicated a few covers and songs to "someone" and that someone is Sally. I guess the fans knew but it was so evident that I missed her so much. Couldn't she see? Oh wait why would she even think of me after the breakup. I decided to look up the net for pictures of Sally with that girl. "What was her name? La-Lo-L oh! Lauren," I said while searching.
"Kardashians, Kardashians, Jenners, no, no, hey is that the girl?" I saw a beautiful girl. Not extremely skinny but surely beautiful. It was a picture of Sally and her in a shopping mall. "Is she holding Sally's hand oh my god no," I said as tears welled up in my eyes. Sally was looking down and that girl was smiling and looking at my girl. Well she's not my girl now but, wait, I don't have any right to question her. Probably Lauren is better than me but Sally does not look very happy in that picture. Lauren was a girl with beautiful long brown hair who dressed a little like a rebel but looked hot and beautiful at the same time. Wow, I never thought Sally would move on so fast. She does not look happy what is the matter? I was dying with all those questions in my head. My heart was burning and my throat ached. Just the same pain when you control your tears really hard. "I want her back," I said as I started sobbing. The whole house was empty. I missed Sally being here, I missed her touch. The hardest thing for her was watching Sally with someone else and she still doubted that Sally was happy with Lauren. This was the reason why I liked the tour because I was away from the place that reminded me of her more than anything else. I switched my laptop off and tears still welling up in my eyes, decided to get to the shower and go for my dress trials. This day is not going to be a good one.