First Night Still

FLARE'S POV

Confused the girls, got 80% power on 2 AM. I'm doing pretty well if I do say so myself.

I jinxed it didn't I?

And right on cue both Bonnie and Chica arrive at the doors. You'd think they would notice that their footsteps give them away. I closed both doors and push my chair to the back of the room. A tactical position to see both sides at the same time instead of swiveling around constantly.

What surprised me was when I heard a knock from the left side which seems to be where Bonnie comes from. I switch on the light and see her in the window giving me a small wave.

Bonnie: Hi. Look, I know you don't trust any of us because of the warning the phone person gave you. But I just want to talk. Same with Chica.

Flare: And how do I know this isn't some trick to get in just to kill me?

Chica: Why would we wear regular clothes if we were planning on having fun?

She had a point. Now that I looked they did indeed have actual clothes on like they did during the day. Nice change from just wearing panties.

With a sigh I open both doors, ready to rush out if they try something. Though they appeared to stay true to their word and walked in without rushing me. Bonnie sat on the desk while Chica checked out my bag.

Bonnie: So, unlike the other nightguards, you seem to not be perverted.

Flare: That's correct.

Bonnie: What was with the camera thing?

Flare: It was angled down at your breasts so I tilted it up to focus on the face.

When I gave that explanation Chica threw her arms up into the air shouting.

Chica: FINALLY A NON PERVERTED NIGHTGUARD!!

Flare:....

Bonnie: Well that's my hearing askew for the rest of the night.

Flare: I take it perv nightguards have been a regular problem?

Chica: Yes.

Flare: Boss man fire them after watching camera footage or something?

Bonnie and Chica both look at eachother for a second before answering "Yes." simultaneously. This was obviously a lie but I decided not to dig deeper for now.

-SKIP OF THE TIME VARIETY-

Bonnie, chica and I spent a solid 3 hours talking to eachother before I noticed that it was 5 am now. I talked about how my life was before becoming the nightguard and they were quite interested in what I was learning. Bonnie suggested that I maybe take a second course in robotics and I actually started considering it.

By the time I noticed it was 5 the three of us were friends now. They opened up to me about how their own lives were like before I came along. They occasionally went on a rant about one particular person but I didn't mind. Sometimes you just need to vent and have someone nearby to listen.

Flare: Oh wow, 5 am already.

Chica: Wait really? I felt like 1 hour at best.

Bonnie: I mean it wasn't just a case of keeping the nightguard away then looking for ways to kill time.

Flare: And by keep them away you mean kill them via suffocation.

Oh yeah, I figured that out since I remembered the phone call and whenever they mention dealing with the guard they look at their chest. An enjoyable death until they noticed the lack of oxygen. And vision. And life.

Needless to say the two had mixed reactions to me saying that. Bonnie's ears drooped and she looked down guiltily while Chica looked to the side and mumbled "Don't know what you're talking about."

Flare: The phone guy-

Bonnie: Gal.

Flare: I use guy and dude for either gender. Anyway, they said that you girls got rough with them and would suffocate them with your chest or rear.

I said that with way less blush and way more blantant than I thought I would. Certainly made them blush though, either out of embarrassment of being caught or the weapon they use I don't know.

While the two processed this I got my thermos out of my bag and took a sip, feeling the warmth spread round to cold places I hadn't noticed were cold. I also felt the caffine wake me up in almost an instant. Maybe I should've gone with decaf.

Chica: Wait! We haven't introduced you to Fredda yet!

She quickly grabbed my arm and dragged me down the hall, leaving behind the blue bunny before she raced to catch up.

Fredda appeared to be untangling the cable for her microphone before Chica came zooming into her vision.

Fredda: Hey Chica, where've you and Bonnie been?

Chica: Chatting with the nightguard. Guess what?! He's-

Fredda: Not a pervert, I heard you down here.

Chica blushed a dark red and let go of my arm, walking up to Fredda and crossing her arms with a pout.

Chica: You don't have to be so rude about it.

Fredda: You don't need to wake up the entire building.

The two started a series of comments aimed toward eachother while Bonnie and I just spectated, ne confused and Bonnie bored like this was a regular thing. Of course it's new for you guys, it was only now mentioned.

Doom: 'Here we go again.'

They kept going for the rest of my shift, which was signalled by a bell ringing through the building.

Flare: That's my shift done. Will this be the first time you three have had a guard stay for 2 nights?

Fredda: We've had a couple make it to their third night, but by then 3 became 5.

Flare: Wait wha-

Bonnie: You'll see tomorrow.

And now I had something to be concerned about while I studied and worked on the assignment. I quickly went back to the office and grabbed my stuff, leaving in a light jog. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Fredda, Chica and Bonnie getting into position on stage then pretending to be powered off.

Outside the building I ran into Boss man.

Boss man: Ah, Flare, good to see you haven't run off. Place can be spooky in the night.

Flare: Nothing I couldn't handle. Cya.

Boss man: Bye.

Boss man went into the convention and started prepping up to open for the day and I got into my car and drove home. First night on the job and I was doing pretty well. Sure there were some unexpected things happening.

Some making me fear for my life.

But I survived and made some new friends. All in all a good day. Night? Fuck it, a good shift.

================================
I don't know if it was obvious, but at some parts I struggled to think of something to add to pass time without adding a timeskip.

I also set myself a minimum word count of 1000 per chapter, which may or may not be a good idea. Oh well.

BA BYE!

Word Count: 1168
================================