Awakening

FLARE'S POV STILL

The vast difference from real world and dream world causes me to blink a few times to make sure I'm seeing correctly. Vivid dreams'll do that to you. From what I could tell I was looking at the ceiling. The missing light saying it wasn't the office one. I start to sit up, feeling a minor headache, and look around to get my bearings.

Bluish-green curtains with stars pretty much tells me I'm in Mangle's cove which makes sense. She was the one who was in the room when i got gassed.

Mangle herself was talking with Boss man before the latter noticed me being up now.

Boss man: Flare, are you alright? Mangle told me you were gassed?

Flare: Something like that. She hurried into the vents to turn it off I assume.

Mangle: Y-yeah. I could smell the gas s-so I went to shut it off.

Flare: Fox senses saving my life.

Mangle shakes her head then points to some pills next to me. Headache relief. As I take them Mangle explains more.

Mangle: I-it wouldn't of killed you. It did w-what it was meant to. S-someone wanted to knock you out, m-maybe k-k-kidnap you.

Mangle shook with the fact that an attempted kidnapper was around. Who was next? Her? Her sister? The others? Boss man put a hand to his chin seemingly in thought.

Flare: Well, how long was I out?

Mangle: It's 1 PM right now.

Flare: Does that count as me missing a day of work.

Boss man: Considering the circumstances no.

I got off of the bed which was quite clearly Mangle's and peeked out the cove. Kids, teens and adults were eating, watching the performance and going about their daily lives. The camera light for the dining area was blinking which told me the dayguard was watching it.

I stop looking outside and redirect my attention to Boss man apparently coming to a realization.

Boss man: I may have just figured out who the kidnapper is.

Flare & Mangle: Who?

Boss man: The dayguard. We call her Purple Girl since she always wears purple. She came into my office yesterday threatening me on how she knew the place better than I do, and that I shouldn't get in her way.

Mangle: W-which I did, m-meaning s-s-she might be a-after me n-now.

I go over to Mangle and hug her, sitting us both on her bed.

Flare: It's alright Mangle. Calm down. Deep breaths, ok?

She nodded and took deep breaths to calm down, not shying from my hug. My experience in calming myself down has worked well for calming her down. Boss man left the cove, either to think more or give us some privacy. Mangle suddenly snuggled into me, her breathing even and her body unmoving aside from her chest rising and falling.

She fell asleep on me.

I don't think she has any shows for today so that was good for her. I'm going to be stuck here for a while aren't I? Well the situation was humorous and adorable so it wasn't too bad.

BOSS MAN'S POV

Fucking fuck fuck, fuckity, fuck.

That purple wearing bitch was after Flare. And it wasn't like I could get an investigation on her either, she hid any and all evidence of her messing with the ventilation. I'm just glad Mangle was there to stop her, however indirectly it was.

If I only terminate her on a threat it won't do much and probably end with me dead. If I add anything about the gassing I would need proof, which I have none of.

I walked out the convention for some fresh air so I could clear my head. I've checked the security footage and didn't see her in any camera aside from the dining area when she left. I could add a camera to the vents but it would have to be in the office. The ventilation would cause too much interference otherwise.

I walk back into the convention in time to stop another teenager from going onto the stage. I ordered a stage fence ages ago, where the fuck is it? Shit never gets here on time. The security tablet alone took a week to arrive. A week from their second eta.

You know what? I'm just going to go back to my office, sort through paperwork, and pretend everything is normal. Aaaaand she's in here.

Purple Girl: I heard about the nightguard getting gassed. Is he ok?

Ok, this was already sending up red flags in my mind. I'll just be vauge and indirect with answers.

Boss man: '

'

Boss man: Thankfully, yes. The gas was non lethal and knocked him out. I sent him to get some rest.

Purple Girl: But this means someone may still be trying to break in. What are you going to do about this?

Boss man: I'll be adding a door to the vent, much like the ones in the office, with it's own seperate power supply. Also a camera in the vents.

Purple Girl smiled and leaned forward a bit.

Purple Girl: Sent to get some rest you say? Then why is he in Mangle's cove?

Boss man: The cove had a bed and it was nearby. I did say I sent him to get some rest, didn't say sent home.

Her smile faltered a little and she pulled out a recording wore, switching it off and putting it on my desk.

Purple Girl: Good to see our safety is your primary concern.

She walked out and shut the door behind her. Thank you mother who birthed me with a big wrinkly brain. I pick up the wire and the tape it was connected to, then proceeded to lock it away in my important files drawer. Never know when that's going to come in handy.

PURPLE GIRL'S POV

Damn it.

Stupid Boss man. Why couldn't he just lie and give me some blackmail material?

Sigh, calm down girl. It's not over yet. Some more cameras? Alright, easily looped. Another door? Stay silent and/or drain the power. I'll get Flare eventually. Mangle just happened to be there. Gotta make sure that sort of thing doesn't happen again.

He will be mine.

================================
More developments into the character that is Purple Girl. Wow that's annoying to type continuously.

Anyone got any suggestions for an actual name? And no female varients of William.

BA BYE!

Word Count: 1087
================================