CHAPTER VII

"What...Why? Where is this person?"

"He's sitting in the guest room."

"I need to see him."

"If you'll excuse me, I have to first ask him for permission."

"Fine. I'll wait here."

He leaves the office while I paced here and there.

After a few minutes, he comes inside.

"You can meet him now."

He escorts me to the guest room and when I enter, I see an extreme tall, man with short, spiky black hair in an undercut. His face had soft features, but his jawline was still prominent. He looked kind, but from his dressing, I recognised he was a knight. Although the clothes he wore, were the ones I had never seen until now. From which knight's faction, does he belong to? I'm guessing he is the buyer's guard. His uniform must be from there as well.

While I was studying him, he puts his right hand on his chest and bent's down, giving a slight bow. He gently speaks first,

"It's a pleasure you meet you, my lady."

"Ah...where's your lord?"

"....He cannot be here. I am Fidelis Amica. His aide. Please feel free to tell me whatever you desire to say to him and I will inform him."

"I want to meet him."

"That may be problematic. He's royalty from another kingdom. It's imperative we hide his identity for his own safety. He hopes you would understand this matter and won't ask for more."

"I understand. Then please tell me the underlying reason why you want to buy the mansion"

"My lord fell in love with the beauty of that place and has been wanting to buy it ever since."

"Then how did you come to know that it was for sale?"

"We heard the rumours and came here today to confirm it. Lucky for both us, they turned out to be true."

"....I see."

I wanted to ask if they know about the market value but we absolutely need the money right now. I wasn't going to let this opportunity get out of my hands.

"Till when do you require the mansion? I'm sorry, but it'll take two or three days for my family to move out."

"It's alright, my lady. My lord isn't in a hurry. You can stay for as long as you wish."

"...that's odd. I thought he'd want to live there right away seeing as he was so eager to buy it."

"....Er..."

He becomes startled at my suspicious and averts his gaze to look back at me nervously and add,

"In fact we merely came here for a brief visit. We have to go back soon. That's why it's difficult for us to move right away."

"Is that so? Then till when will you be able to make the payment? I know it's a huge sum, but I'd like it if your lord pays within two months."

"Don't worry, my lady. My lord will transfer money to your account within a week or even soon."

"Is that alright for you?"

"Yes, of course. Why wouldn't it be?"

"It's a hefty sum."

"It's nothing. My lord has plenty of wealth."

"I see. Please thank him from me."

"I will though the pleasure is completely ours for providing this opportunity to us, my lady."