Goodbyes are tough.

It was hard to hold back my tears and hide my pain from my friends. I'm just glad I can finally go home and let out all the hurt.
I jumped onto my bed grabbing my pillow, crying into it. Never have I felt this way before. Corey was my first real love, how could he?
Careless whisper played on the radio as I softly cried into my pillow. A knot formed in my stomach, and I felt like I was going to throw up. Never have I felt like this. Like I said, he was my first love, but now, he's also my first heartbreak.
-
I wasn't able to sleep all night. The phone rang constantly, I had to keep listening Corey's voice on the answering machine. Couldn't he take a hint? How could you explain this type of thing? How could you expect to ever receive any kind of forgiveness? I made myself a bowl of cereal and turned on the tv. Just as I started to get comfortable there was a knock at the door, so I got up to see who it is. I peered through the window to get a glance at who it might be. My heart stopped. What is his problem?! Why can't he let people be alone in a time of hurt? Especially when he's the one who caused it.
"Why are you here?" I said through the door. "Please y/n, let me explain!" My heart began to pound, and my throat began to tighten. "Explain what Corey?  There's nothing you can say to 'explain' what I saw. No words that come out of you mouth can fix wh-" I couldn't finish my sentence. It became hard to speak. I chocked on my words as I felt the tears trying to push themselves out.
I tried to take a deep breath, but nothing helped. "Go away Corey, nothing can fix what you have done." I managed to get out a few words. "But y/n I-" "now Corey. You've done enough." I peered through the curtains to get one last look at him. He looked down at his feet and back up at the door. He looked as though we wanted to say something, but didn't. He went back to his car and drove away.
I closed the curtains and fell to the floor.
-
After cooling down I went up to my bedroom to read teen magazines and listen to the radio to try and get my mind off things, but nothing would work. I couldn't stop thinking to myself; "Did I overreact?" "Maybe I should have let him finish what he was saying." "Maybe I should call him?"
And maybe that's just what I'll do.

I walked over to the phone, my hand shaking, I pick it up. I sit with the phone in my hand for a good ten minutes, trying to think of what I'm going to say.
I took a deep breath and dialled his number. It rang forever. Just as I was about to hang up I heard a voice. "Hello?" "Corey, hi." "Oh so now you want to talk? What happy to 'no words you say can fix what I saw'?" "Corey I'm sorry, but you have to understand where I was coming from." "I do? Did you take the time to hear my side of the story? Did you try to understand me? Emily asked me if I could win her something from a stupid little carnival game. I agreed, but while I was busy playing the game, she saw you coming and grabbed my hand, I didn't notice until it was to late." I fell silent. "That's what I thought, Goodnight y/n." "Corey I-" he hung up the phone. "Fine be that way!" I yelled smashing the phone back on the hook. "What have I done?" I thought to myself. I just ruined the best thing that has ever happened to me...and I am not ever be able to get it back.

I sat on my floor crying my eyes out. I wish I could just tell him how sorry I am, and how much I love him.

Coreys POV:
I have had many girlfriends before, but nothing like y/n. The day I laid eyes in her was the day I fell in love. She made me believe in love at first sight, and she helped me through so much. Words can't describe how much I miss her. But now I've let the best thing that's ever happened to me slip away.
-
-
Wow 😳
Short but deep chapter...
Currently crying my eyes out rn🥲
Ugh writing this story makes me miss him sm and makes me just want to be with him😩 I wish I could just shift to him already🙄☝️
Anyways I hope this will be enough until I write more.
- b <3