"California here we come"

Title inspired by the mom from the karate kid.
—————————————————
"Cheer up" I heard my mom say while I looked out the car window watching cars rush by.
"California will be great! And our new house is far more grand than our last!" But that didn't matter to me. Nothing she said will make me feel better. I just want to go back home to New York, I just wanted to be with all my friends and family back home.

My mom is rich, and she likes to brag a lot. She didn't care if I wanted to move or not. She only  cared about living a glamorous life and how much she could show off to people.

"Here we are!" She said pulling into the driveway of our new house. " just look at it! It's so big and grand and gorgeous! Just wait until auntie May gets a load of this!" I rolled my eyes as I opened the car door and got out.
I help my mom unload everything and put it into the living room.
"hey Mom, is it ok if I go on a walk, just to see what everything looks like." She nodded her head. "Make sure to make lots of friends, I want my daughter being popular!" I nodded my head and walked out the door.
As I was walking I heard somebody call out to me. "Hey you!" I looked behind me to see who it was. "Hey wait up!" I stopped and let them catch up to me. " did you just move here?" "yeah, I'm y/n nice to meet you" "I'm  Riley, I saw a big moving truck come in your driveway so I thought I'd say hi just in case you were new. Nice neighbourhood huh?" I nodded my head. "good! I'm glad you like it!" Riley has blues eyes and  brown hair that reached her chest and it looked like a typical 80s perm. She was most likely one of the popular girls.
"why don't you come to the beach with me, and i'll introduce you to all my friends." I agreed to go in hopes to make new friends.
As we arrived to the beach I was shocked by how much people were there. I never really went to beaches back home because there wasn't any where I lived. "who's your new friend you got there?" A girl with black hair said. "She's new here!" Riley said. "Oh! Hi I'm Morgan!" She said. "Y/n is a new member in our group everyone!" Riley said. "OMG RILEY! Did you tell y/n about Emily? I mean she is drop dead gorgeous so Emily will see that as a threat!" "Oh shoot no I didn't. Why don't you tell her Morgan. You know more about her anyways." Morgan nodded her head and turned to me. "Emily used to be a part of our group, but then she became a total bitch so we had to kick her out. Ever since Corey moved to our school last year she's been acting like she claims him and has been threatening any girl who is prettier than her and might actually have a chance with him." "Who's Corey?" I asked "only the hottest and most popular guy in school" Riley said. I laughed. "don't worry he doesn't sound like somebody I'd fall in love with anyways. So I think I'm fine!"
The whole group giggled at my statement. "just wait till you see him" Morgan said. " we all think that at first, but then one look at his ocean eyes and your in love!"
The rest of the day was a mix of volleyball and gossip. I've been having so much fun I forgot about not wanting to move here. Maybe it's not so bad after all.
————————————————————————
Author's note.
HEY!! Short chapter, I know and I'm sorry, but it get better I promise!! I just needed a way to introduce everyone and start things off. Also Corey gets introduced soon so keep reading!
Love:
-Brynn ❤️