Second chances

Song today is baby be mine my Michael Jackson.
(I love this song sm)
-
-
"Are you kidding me?" Morgan said in a frustrated tone.
"I know, I know, but it's not my fault I forgot. The power went out and my alarm clock reset, we were in a rush to leave! Though, I had no time to call Corey anyways, even if I did remember."
"As soon as we get to our hotel we're going to call him!" Gabby said.
"Yes, I agree. You need to explain to him what happened." Riley said.
"I tried to the last time, but you know, the power just had to go out."
"Ugh I know, what a drag. Make sure to explain that to him as well."
I nodded my head. "Yes, don't worry Riley I will."

We pulled into the parking lot of the hotel.

"It's so beautiful!" I said in awe. We all marvelled at the hotel. It was totally bitchin'!
We unloaded our luggage out of the vehicle and the hotel workers brought them into our rooms.
"I feel like royalty right now!" I said with a smile on my face.

When we got to our room the first thing I did was flop onto the big comfy bed and let out a sigh of relief. I needed some rest after all that traveling.
"Call him!"
I open my eyes to see a phone being shoved in my face.
"But guys, I'm so tired right now, can't we wait until tomorrow?"
They all looked at each other then back at me.
"No" they said in unison.
Ugh, of course. "Fine, fine. Gimmie that."
I snatched the phone from Riley's hands and then dialled his number.
I could feel my heart pounding in my chest.
I look up and see all the girls starting at me. I glared at them and turned around the other way.

"Hello?"
"Hi, is Corey there?"
"Yes he is, one moment."
Now my heart was pounding so much I thought it was going to jump out of my chest.

"Hello?"
"Hi Corey..."
"Oh hi y/n, how are you?"
"I'm fine. Look I need to talk to you about something, I tried to tell you a few days ago but the power went out"
"Oh yeah, go on."

I explained everything to him, and told him I was sorry. I told him how I felt, and how I guilty I felt for not listening to what he had to say.
"Listen, y/n, I really care about you, and if you want, I'm really hoping that maybe we could try again".

I smiled, and gave the girls a thumbs up.

"Yes I would love that!"
"Ok, I'll see you when you come back home. Call me again soon, okay?"
"Okay, I will."
"Talk to you later, Corey"
"Bye."
I hung up the phone and grabbed my pillow.
"So how did it go?" Morgan asked.
"We're going to try again!"
"Oh my gosh! That's great!"
"I know! Ugh, I'm so happy right now!"
"Well, I'm glad you're happy and that everything worked out just fine, but I'm getting tired let's go to bed!"
"Yes, I agree with gabby"
I said. "Let's hit the hay".

We got situated into our beds and turned off the lights, (But left the tv on because my favourite movie was on).

I dug my head into my pillow as butterflies swarmed my stomach.
I'm just so happy that things have worked out.
-
-
Just a small update (like usual lmao)
I hope y'all don't mind that the updates are slow and the chapters are short:(
HELP NOT ME TRYING TO USE 80S SLANG IN THIS😭
But anyways I really do apologize for how extremely short this is. I'm getting ideas together so hopefully the next chapter is longer!!
-brynn