A New Sanctuary

Misty rang the doorbell to the academy, nervously glancing over her shoulder and scanning the street. No one answered the door, causing Misty's heart rate to pick up speed. She rang the doorbell once more, nervously shifting her weight on her bare feet and continued to wait for someone to answer the door. Tired of waiting, she started relentlessly knocking.

Finally, the door opened to reveal Zoe. "Misty?" She asks.

Misty rushes in and closes the door behind her. "Oh, thank god. Ya have to save us." She whispers frantically.

Zoe peered behind her, looking for the younger Day sister. "Where's Angel?"

Her question is ignored, "I knew the world could be a dark and evil place." Misty continues to nervously glance over her shoulder despite being inside the safety of the academy walls. "It drove me to my haven in the swamp. I had my Stevie, my Lil' Bird, my garden." She drops her voice to a whisper, "I tried to disappear into nature... but we've been found." Her wide and panicked eyes focus on Zoe.

The night prior...

It's the middle of the night and Misty and Angel are sleeping peacefully in their swamp side shack; the sound of cicadas trilling around them, when a shadow looms over the two blondes. Misty awakes with a start, careful to try and not wake her little sister. Angel only grumbles in her sleep, her arms wrapping tighter around the blanket covering her.

"Oh." Misty sighs quietly, seeing that it's just the newly recovered Myrtle Snow standing at the edge of their bed. "Aw, you probably have no idea where you are." She whispers, "You've been through a terrifying ordeal, but you came back. You're safe now." She reassures the older witch.

"Not likely, my dear." Myrtle says, her voice hoarse and dry. "There's a man in the woods with a gun circling the shack. I saw the assassin when he nearly stepped on my face."

Misty's expression falls, concern and fear overwhelming her senses. She turns to her sister who remains asleep. She stops for a moment when she notices the sounds of nature come to a halt. "Do ya hear that?" She asks.

"No." Myrtle replies bluntly, shaking her head.

"The cicadas have stopped singing." She says. Her heart starts to race and she quickly shakes her sister by her shoulders. "Come on. Wake up, Angel! Now!" She whispers frantically.

Angel's eyes blink open, the spell of sleep still heavy over her. She looks at her sister in confusion when she notices her scared expression. She gasps as she finally takes note of Myrtle Snow creepily standing in the shadows, near the foot of the bed. They all hear the sounds of the floorboards creaking outside the main entrance.

Misty offers no explanation as she quickly pulls her sister out of bed, keeping a tight grip on her wrist as she guides the two witches out of the back of the shack.

"Mitsy-" She whines.

"Shh!" Misty quickly covers her mouth to keep her from saying anything else. Angel nods understanding the severity of the situation, and her sister removes her hand; they continue hastily sneaking around the shack until they are concealed by the treeline along the property. Angel gasps as she hears the loud boom of a shotgun going off multiple times. She grips Misty's arm tightly, her breathing heavy as she looks at Misty with wide and scared blue eyes. She tries to reassure her little sister with a smile but her nerves are shot and it comes out as more of a grimace. Before quietly leaving to head deeper into the woods, Angel takes note of the aura surrounding the assassin's figure.

"We hid in the swamp through the night. Made our way here when we were sure he was gone." Misty finishes.

Zoe was going to ask again about the whereabouts of the younger swamp witch when they were interrupted by the tapping of a cane on the floor, Cordelia appearing around the corner.

"Who's there?" She asks, blinding making her way in; her cane guiding her forward.

"A witch. Seeking safety." Zoe replies, turning to the Headmistress.

"Somebody's looking to kill me." Misty admits, looking into Cordelia's cloudy grey eyes. She's got to admit, this woman was beautiful. Her blonde hair fell in soft waves, gracefully resting against her shoulders. Her lips were full and pink, and her injured eyes did nothing to take away from her beauty.

Wordlessly, Cordelia offers her hand. Misty hesitantly looks at it, glancing back and forth between Cordelia and Zoe before gently accepting the outstretched limb.

Cordelia gasps loudly as she gets visions of who the witch standing before her is. She sees Misty tied and burning at the stake, her final words echoing in her mind. "You're Misty Day. You were set on fire and left for dead. Whatever troubles you had, they are ours now. You're under the protection of this coven. This is your house." Cordelia tells her, determination seeping through her words.

"Could my sister and friend stay, also?" She asks, coming closer to the taller blonde's face. "I left them out back in the greenhouse."

The confusion is clear on Cordelia's face as her eyebrows pull together. She had no idea that Misty had a sister. Does this mean she's a witch as well? What about the friend she brought along with her?

Being guided by Zoe, the witches of the coven enter the greenhouse. "Hello?" Cordelia calls out, "Don't worry, you're amongst friends."

"Of course I am, Cordelia. So long as Fiona isn't with you." Myrtle replies, turning to face the blonde witch she sees as her own daughter.

Angel and Misty remained in the back, allowing the two to reunite as they view the plants in the room with interest. While Misty's full attention remained on the greenery near them, Angel's was on the witches in the room. In their haste to leave, her sunglasses had been left behind, leaving her to freely view the amalgam of colors surrounding the group of girls. She was pleased to see an array of bright colors ranging from all shades of blue, to hints of pink, yellow, and white- even a splash of green was in there. Only one witch in the group had any form of dark colors; those of which emanated off of the one and only Madison Montgomery.

Pleased with her findings, Angel turned back to see Misty watering some of the plants lined behind them. She had a pleased smile on her face, happy to be with nature once more; the grin only growing when she glanced over at Angel. Misty was happy to be promised protection, that's all she ever wanted for her little sister; safety and happiness.

"Misty Day." Myrtle suddenly announced, catching the attention of the Day sisters. "Behold, our next Supreme." Misty gave a nervous smile when she noticed all the attention was on her. Angel only tilted her head in confusion. What's a Supreme?

Remembering an important fact, Cordelia spoke up. "Misty, you said you had a sister?"

"Oh. That would be me." Angel approached the blind blonde and gave a kind smile, not that she could see it. "My name's Angel Day, I'm Misty's younger sister."

Once again, Cordelia brought her hand out, palm facing up. Angel only hesitated for a fraction of a second before taking it in her gentle grip. Cordelia gasped loudly as she caught flashes of Angel's memories; the most notable being her memories of watching her sister burn at the stake, her actually being the one to bring back Myrtle Snow rather than Misty, and finally, her assisting in the revival of Madison.

"My... you sure are a powerful, young witch." Cordelia said. Her uncertainty on who the next supreme is only growing as she could feel the buried energy flowing off of Angel.

A bashful smile grew on her face as her cheeks flushed a soft pink. "Oh, I wouldn't say that. Misty's definitely the powerful one here." She spoke, not liking the attention on her as much as her older counterpart.

"Don't be modest now, Angel." She replied, "I can feel your hidden potential from here."

Angel only smiled at the woman and hummed, unsure of what to say. She loved the colors of Cordelia's aura- light blue, pink, and white- the intensity of the colors only indicating just how strong of a witch she was. The young girl knew she had a lot to learn, and she had a feeling that Cordelia would be the one to have all the answers to her questions.

"Come now!" Myrtle exclaimed, cutting the conversation short, "I believe we have important business to attend to."