Learning From a Pro

After the surprise visit of Stevie Nicks, things had calmed down and the witches had split to do their own things. Angel had found herself within the greenhouse out back. She was happy to be surrounded by nature again, it made her miss her garden back home. She was grateful for all the coven had done for her but the house felt a bit stifling at times, no matter how large it was. She could constantly feel Fiona and Madison's dark auras and she just needed a reprieve. The greenhouse offered that to her; the silent company of plant-life and the seclusion away from the other witches.

She twirled around, Misty's, or rather her own, blue shawl fanning out behind her as she lightly danced to the music softly playing on the radio. She was currently pruning some of the plants in the room, taking a mental note of the variety around her. She was in the middle of sprucing up a chamomile plant when she heard rushed footsteps enter the greenhouse. She turned to see Cordelia, tears running down her face.

"Miss Cordelia?" Said woman gasped, not expecting anyone to be in her safe place. She brought a hand to her racing heart.

"Oh, Angel. You scared me." She gave a weak chuckle.

"Are you okay?" The teen asked.

Cordelia wiped at her eyes, "Yes. Yes, I'm fine. Don't worry about me." She didn't want to talk about all the horrible things her mother just said about her. They all felt too real, and the truth of those words was standing right in front of her.

'...You can't help anyone. You're worthless, hopeless.'

"Are ya sure?" She asked again, "I can keep a secret, just ask Misty. After all, I never told Daddy when she was sneaking off at night to meet that friend of hers when she was in High School." She gave a giggle, hoping to ease the tense woman.

Cordelia chuckled in response but her eyes remained sad. "I'm alright, dear. Nothing you need to worry about." She reassured, "What are you doing in here?"

"Oh. Um, well... I just wanted to get out of the house for a little. It can be quite claustrophobic after a while." She replied, telling a half-truth.

Cordelia hummed and approached the young girl. "Your sister says you're good at reviving plant life. Is that true?" She asked.

Angel rolled her eyes, "Of course Misty was braggin' about me. She always thinks I can do more than I really can. But in this instance, she wasn't lyin'."

Cordelia walked to the back of the greenhouse and brought over a nearly dead Catnip plant that she had been working to restore on her own. She was curious as to what Angel was really capable of in her element and this was a perfect opportunity to try.

"Oh. Ya wanna see?" Angel asked hesitantly, looking at the tall blonde.

Cordelia gave an encouraging nod and moved out of the way, Angel taking her place. She had never done this in front of someone who wasn't her older sister. She placed her hands around the base of the plant and took a deep breath in, closing her eyes and exhaling. Within moments, the brown leaves fell away and the plant's health was restored. Vibrant green leaves were left in its wake, small purple flowers blooming all over. She took a step back and smiled at Cordelia who was speechless.

Just as Misty said, Angel required no incantation in order to revive a plant, she just simply did it. "Wow." She breathed.

A bright red blush made its way onto Angel's cheeks, travelling down her neck. She was so used to reviving plants that the amazement eventually wore off, she didn't see it as a big deal. It's not like she could always successfully revive a person. She had only done that once and she wasn't sure if she would be able to do it again.