I Knew It

It was later in the evening, the two blondes once again finding themselves in Angel's shared room. It was the same as that morning; Angel was sitting on the bed, patiently waiting as Cordelia was surrounded by Misty's belongings, searching for the whereabouts of the missing witch.

Her hand was hovering over the circle of items placed around her, feeling which item was calling to her the most. "Come on, Misty, give me a hint." She whispered.

She stopped over a light colored nightgown, she picked it up and brought it close to her nose. Angel tilted her head in confusion as she took a deep breath in, but she decided to not interfere. It seemed as if Cordelia was having better luck this time around.

She gasped lightly as she could hear Misty softly singing the lyrics of Landslide by Fleetwood Mac. She could see Misty was enclosed in a small space but that was all.

"I see you. I see you." She whispered frantically, "Where are you?"

Angel scooted closer to the end of her bed as Cordelia spun around, picking up one of Misty's feathered earrings. She pricked her finger with the end of it, drawing blood. However, that didn't matter to her as more images appeared. The images revealed Misty to be in a cemetery, the same place they happened to bury Nan.

"I've got it!" Cordelia exclaimed, dropping the earring and picking herself up off the floor.

"Really?" Angel asked, excitement flowing through her entire body. "Where is she?"

"Deville Cemetery. It looks as if she was entombed in a casket." Cordelia said.

Angel leapt from her bed, grabbing Cordelia's cane and quickly placing it in her hand. "Well, what are we waitin' for? Let's go!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two stood in front of a brick-laden tomb, Angel pointing a flashlight at it.

"How the hell are we gonna get her out of there?" She asked the older woman.

"With a jackhammer, if we have to."

"Oh. Well, I'm gonna go find a maintenance man." She replied, turning to walk off.

Cordelia stopped her by slapping her shin with her cane. "No, no. Just us."

Angel rubbed her sore leg, frowning. "Ya mean, just me, and I don't have a jackhammer. Much less know how to use one." She muttered the last sentence.

"Stop being so literal and remember who you are. I know you can use telekinesis. I believe you did it after you were shot, and I heard you throw Madison across the room earlier." Cordelia said, "When the rest of the world sees a wall, we see a window."

"Oh. Right." Angel sighed. She stood tall and raised her hand, her palm facing outward, and focused on the bricks of the tomb. She took a deep breath in and the bricks began to shake.

"That's it." Cordelia praised, "Keep going."

She quickly pulled her hand back, the bricks exploding out and the casket sliding out of its place within the tomb. "Whoa." She gasped, taking a step forward and lifting the lid of the casket.

Angel quickly kneeled beside her still sister, taking in her pale skin and lips. She placed her hand on her arm, her skin was ice cold. "Misty?" She whispered.

"Is she alive?" Cordelia asked, gently.

"No. She's not breathin'." She informed the blind woman.

"Oh, god." She sighed. She felt bad for the young girl, she was currently staring at the corpse of her older sister.

"Perform Vitalum Vitalis. It's easier than Resurgence and you might have better luck. That and you hopefully won't pass out once you're done." Cordelia instructed.