The Disappearance of a Day

Things were never boring at the coven, Angel had discovered. After her heart-to-heart with Cordelia, Angel had gone to sleep. She had been so tired from the day's events that she didn't even notice that Misty's bed across the room was unoccupied. She woke up the next morning to Cordelia shaking her awake. Her face was tear-stained and it caused fear to leap into Angel's throat. She never liked seeing anybody cry, much less the kind Cordelia.

"Miss Cordelia? What's wrong? What happened?" She asked, her voice still heavy with sleep.

The headmistress took a deep sigh, "Nan has died. I was wondering if you could bring her back. I would ask Misty, but... she's nowhere to be found."

Angel's eyes widened, she looked over to the empty bed, the sheets still crisp and tucked in as they had been the day prior. She threw the sheets off her body and sat up straight, looking Cordelia in the eyes, "What do you mean she's nowhere to be found?" The panic clear on her face.

Once again, Cordelia sighed, "She's missing, Angel. Nobody knows where she is." She felt so bad for the young teen. She had just told her the night before that Misty would never leave and now she stood corrected. Of course, she didn't believe that the older sister would leave Angel behind but as she told the girl, she was nowhere to be found; no one had any idea where she disappeared to.

Angel's breath became rapid quickly, her eyes blurring with tears. She raised a shaky hand to cover her mouth. A few sobs slipping through. Her sister couldn't be gone. Where the hell did she go? Why would she leave her behind? Was Cordelia lying to her yesterday, just trying to make her feel better?

The older blonde sat on the bed beside her and pulled her close, running a comforting hand up and down her back as the younger one continued to cry. "Shh, it's alright, Angel. We'll find her. I'm sure she couldn't have gone too far. And she wouldn't willingly leave you behind." She tried to comfort the girl but it only made matters worse. That meant something terrible had happened to Misty, and the younger Day sister had no idea what.

After a few minutes, and the prevention of an anxiety attack, Cordelia led the young swamp witch to the room where they had placed Nan's body. Angel had almost asked exactly what happened to the clairvoyant but decided against it. She knelt beside the bed and leaned in close, attempting to bring life to the girl. She tried, over and over, but something was preventing Nan from coming back to this side of the mortal coil.

Again, Angel began to cry. Not only was her older sister missing, but she couldn't bring Nan back to life. Why the hell would her powers fail her now?! Cordelia brought the girl in close again and cried with her. Cordelia had failed another one of her girls.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Miss Cordelia." Angel hiccupped. The blonde just continued to rock the girl back and forth in her arms. She didn't blame Angel, the girl was already distraught with the news of her sister's disappearance; she didn't wish to make the girl feel even worse.

With that, all the girls in the coven prepared for the funeral of their fallen fellow witch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone in the coven, Marie Laveau and Kyle included, stood in the New Orleans cemetery, Nan's white casket placed before them. Everyone was dressed in black and deathly silent. Angel stood next to Cordelia, her left arm wrapped around the older one's right.

"Our coven mourns. After facing so many trials, defending ourselves against onslaught. Forging enemies into friends." Fiona spoke, "The witches of Miss Robichaux's Academy have fought for their lives, and won. And so, it is with great sadness we must say goodbye to Nan... who fell in the tub."