Revelations Galore

It was the following day, Zoe and Angel had been conversing in their room for some time before finally deciding to head downstairs to grab something to eat. On the way down, they passed some students, smiling at them as they did so. They rushed down a few more steps as they noticed Cordelia almost tripped down the last section.

"We've got you." Zoe said, as the two placed supportive hands on the Supreme's back. The woman looked at the two before glancing up at the top of the steps.

"I don't want the girls to see me like this. Will you help me to my room?" She requested.

"Of course." They simultaneously answered, nodding their heads. Zoe wrapped Cordelia's arm around her shoulders, Angel staying closely following in case she needed to offer her assistance as well.

As asked, they led Cordelia to her room, Zoe helping her up onto her bed as Angel quickly grabbed a glass of water. She entered the room to see the two sitting beside one another.

"It's happening faster than I expected." Cordelia said as the teen approached. She looked at the two, "Michael will destroy us. He's already started with me." She said dejectedly, accepting the glass Angel held out for her.

She shook her head looking at her lap, "I can't fight him, girls. Not in my condition."

The two younger witches spared a glance at one another, "Maybe you won't have to." Zoe started.

"Maybe there's someone who will be ready." Angel finished.

"We don't think you're fading because Michael's the next Supreme." Zoe paused, "We think it's Mallory." She revealed, looking over at Cordelia.

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and glanced over at Angel, who nodded her head in agreement. "Why?" The woman asked.

"She has powers we've never witnessed before. And she has immense control over them." Angel said.

The two teens explained the Coco situation to the Supreme, about how she used her powers to save her in a way they couldn't explain.

"I'm sure Myrtle told you about what Mallory did for that injured deer out in the forest a few weeks ago?" Angel asked.

Cordelia nodded in conformation, "She did. She explained to me how she didn't simply heal the wounds, she reversed them. Reverted the deer back into a fawn."

"Exactly." Angel nodded, "I was there. It was insane to watch! Not even Misty could do somethin' like that." She said excitedly. Zoe chuckled at her reaction.

"Proud of your girlfriend?" She teased.

"Shut up!" Angel blushed. She rolled her eyes and muttered, "Maybe a little."

"Girlfriend?" Cordelia asked, looking at Angel with wide eyes, "And when did this happen?"

Angel sheepishly smiled, "Just yesterday. But... we actually kissed before leavin' for California, so, yeah."

Zoe's jaw dropped, "You didn't tell me that!"

"It wasn't relevant." She shrugged her shoulders.

As the two girls lightheartedly bickered, Cordelia was in her own head, thinking over the information the two provided for her. If it really was Mallory who was taking all her powers, then surely they had a shot at preventing the vision she saw before.

"Okay girls, that's enough." Cordelia chuckled.

"Sorry." They muttered.

"It's okay." She chuckled, "You go on, now. I'm just going to rest for a while. I'll call for one of you if I need to." She said, dismissing them. They nodded and left the room, as soon as the door closed Cordelia could hear the two bickering once more. She shook her head in amusement at them and smiled fondly. Oh, how I love those weirdos, she thought.