Wounded

Misty had followed her sister shortly after, the four sat on the stairs and looked up as they heard Madison emerging from Fiona's room. They looked at her expectantly, waiting to hear the results of their little charade.

"How'd it go?" Zoe asked at the self-centered witch descended the stairs.

"Boffo. She thinks I'm the next Supreme." She responded, literally looking down at all the others.

"Why can't it be me?" Nan asked suddenly.

"Because you have no style and your pits smell like fish sticks." Madison replied, frowning down at the clairvoyant.

"That's not very nice." Angel said, glaring at Madison. The actress only sent her own glare back at the swamp teen.

"Do you think I could be the Supreme?" Nan asked, looking specifically at Zoe. She glanced at the two Day sisters, both of them sending her a tight-lipped smile.

"You guys suck balls." Nan said, standing up and walking down the steps as no one had verbally responded to her question; however, she no doubt heard their denial in their thoughts.

"Nan..." Zoe sighed. She felt bad, but she couldn't lie to the witch and tell her that she could be the next Supreme when she didn't really believe it herself.

"Don't worry, I'll go after her." Angel said, standing up and quickly going down as she heard the front door slam shut.

She followed the clairvoyant out front and watched as she exited the front gates with hurried steps and took a left. She continued to stand there and watch as Nan called out to a boy named Luke and entered the next door neighbors house. She figured that maybe Nan wished for the company of someone who weren't the girls in the house behind her and decided to sit on the porch steps and wait for her to return. 

As soon as Angel had left the safety of the academy's walls she felt uneasy. A deep pit of anxiety settled in her stomach and she couldn't help but nervously glance up and down the dark New Orleans street. It was awfully quiet outside, no sound of nearby street traffic; even the creatures of the night had decided to stop their endless music.

After sitting for a few minutes, the anxiety in Angel's body refused to calm and she felt it was her responsibility to bring Nan back to the safety of the Academy. She stood from the steps and made her way to the street. She cautiously made her way towards the next house over but didn't even make it halfway before she felt as if someone was watching her. Stopping in her tracks, she glanced around the street in front of her. Nothing. She turned her body to the right, and her vision was immediately drawn to a bright red beacon across the street. She gasped as her body froze in fear. She recognized that energy, that aura. It was the same as the one that invaded on their safe place the night prior, causing Misty, Myrtle and herself to flee in the dead of night.

Before she could even attempt to make her way back to the academy and call for help, she heard the sound of a muffled gunshot before she felt a stabbing pain rip through her right shoulder. The force of the gunshot causing her to fall into the gates behind her. Her mouth opened in a silent scream as the pain from the wound spread across her body, white spots filling her vision. She didn't even have a chance for her brain to complete a coherent thought before she felt another blinding pain in her side, just below her ribcage.

Quickly followed by that was the sound of glass shattering and Nan screaming out to Luke in the house near her. Angel didn't know exactly what had occurred but her body knew she was under attack and before she realized it, her pained gaze focused on the windows of the car across the street containing the aura, all the glass exploding. The car quickly sped off and left the scene.

Left alone, Angel brought her left hand to her side. She pulled it away and looked at her blood coated hand. Her mind completely skimming over the fact that she used telekinesis to defend herself from her attacker.

"Oh, god." Her breaths came out quickly and shallow, her fear starting to override the pain she was in. She wasn't ready to die! She began to cry, she was terrified. Her mind completely forgot about the fact that her own sister excelled in the power of Resurgence. She was scared and she needed comfort. The only place that provided that for her was the grandiose, white house about 200 feet away from her that currently housed her older sister. She needed Misty!

With a pained groan, she lifted herself from the sidewalk and heavily leaned into the iron-wrought gate as she saw the world dangerously spin around her. She could feel the wounds in her right side leaking massive amounts of blood and she knew it wouldn't be long before she lost what little strength she had left. She continued to sluggishly put one foot in front of the other, the goal of reaching her sister coming closer, no matter how slow.

However, as soon as she had passed the gates of Miss Robichaux's, her body couldn't hold itself up anymore and she collapsed to the ground, blood continuing to spill from her wounds.