What Now?

During their trip to the new safehouse, the other witches had collected those who were lucky enough to be out of the academy and away from the massacre. Coco and Madison were actually out shopping at the time, the former actress wasn't fond of the rich girl's talkative personality but she did appreciate her fashion sense. Now, they had all found themselves out at Misty's swamp. Mallory had attempted to make sure it was okay with the Day teen, considering it was technically their spot, but she didn't respond. She hadn't spoken a word since they left the academy. Mallory didn't push it, as she knew her girlfriend was hurting immensely over the death of her friends and fellow witches.

"Oh, god. Are we even safe here?" Coco asked, glancing around the simple interior of the wooden house.

"The Swamp Witch's shack may be a grimy shithole, but it's definitely secluded." Madison responded.

"Shut up." Angel grumbled from her corner in the room.

The blonde looked over at the teen and noticed her closed-off and slightly angry body language and decided not to say anything further. She did promise to try and be nicer to her former victim. And for Madison, keeping her mouth shut was being nice.

"The only other person who knows it's here is dear Misty, and she's off gallivanting with Stevie." Myrtle spoke from the bed where Cordelia was currently laying.

Really starting to regret not taking that offer, Angel thought bitterly.

"Oh, my poor girls." Cordelia moaned in her unconscious state.

"She's there." Myrtle said despondently.

Cordelia began lurching in the bed, twisting and turning. She was grunting out as if she was in pain. Suddenly, she began shaking all over as if she was having a seizure.

"Something's happening." Myrtle said, attempting to hold Cordelia down. She continued to frantically twist her body around, her face morphing into pain and devastation. She began screaming out as well.

"Oh, god." Mallory gasped. She too, was attempting to help as everyone except Angel stood around the frame of the bed. Cordelia's eyes snapped open and widely stared at the ceiling for a moment before she sat up quickly, breathing heavily.

"It's us, Delia. You're safe now." Myrtle said, rubbing a soothing hand up and down the blonde's back.

"I saw them. I saw them, but I couldn't feel them." She began to sob, "I couldn't feel their souls, there was nothing. I couldn't bring them back. Why couldn't I bring them back?" She shouted.

"Oh, shit." Madison gasped, "Umm..."

"What?" Cordelia questioned, moving to sit at the end of the bed.

Madison's mouth opened and closed a few times before she spoke, "When we went to the house where Michael was born, we found out he could do this thing. After he kills someone, he can... erase their soul. He can, like, burn their soul, so there's nothing left. They don't go anywhere, they're not ghosts. They're just... gone." She explained.

Cordelia slowly rose from the bed, her tearful gaze turned angry as she slapped Madison harshly across the face. Everyone gasped out in surprise, even Angel.

"How could you keep this from me?!" She hoarsely shouted, "You put all of us in danger!"

"I told you he was the Anti-christ! What more did you need to know?" Madison retorted, getting in the Supreme's face.

Myrtle stepped in between the two heated woman, gently pushing them apart, "This will do no good. We can't turn on each other now." She turned her gaze, solely focusing on Cordelia, "None of this will bring back our girls. They're gone, Delia. They're gone."