III

Karen's house was quite literally down the street and around the corner from the doctor's office so it took two minutes to get to her house. I parked my car in the driveway and grabbed my purse before heading to the door. I rang the doorbell and a few seconds later I was greeted by Vicky at the door.

"Hi Auntie Jackyyy." She dragged out with a bright smile whilst giving me a hug.

"Hey sweetheart. Where's your mama and the shopaholic?" I said as I hugged her back before stepping into the house.

"They're in the kitchen being loud." She said with a playful eyeroll as she closed and locked the door behind me.

"Don't worry I'll go shut them up." I said with a laugh as I made my way to the kitchen where I heard them bickering.

"What y'all in here fussing about?" I asked as I cane in and set my purse on the counter. I walked over to where Karen was and gave her a hug and a kiss before going over to where Dorinda was.

"Chile nothing. Dorinda just being crazy as usual." Karen replied as I sat down across from Dorinda.

"I am not crazy! Y'all gon stop calling me crazy na." Dorinda as she pointed at both of us with an over dramatic frown on her face.

"Girl whatever. You may not be crazy but it's a screw loose up there somewhere." I replied with a laugh that caused her to glare at me.

"And it's probably loose cause you always like to smack someone in the back of they head." She fired back causing Karen and I to crack up laughing.

"Oh girl whatever. How long until you gotta go pick Emmy back up Jacky?" Karen asked me once our laughter died down.

"In about 45 minutes. And then we gotta go to the school to pick up her things for while she's recovering at home." I answered as I glanced down at my watch.

"Vicky didn't have to go in today?" I asked Karen once I remembered how earlier it still was.

"It's one of those days where she goes in at noon. She was trying to sleep in but Dorinda came in all loud as usual." She answered making me laugh.

"I do not be that loud."Dorinda stated rather loudly.

"You're being loud right now Doe." Karen pointed out as she just looked at Dorinda with a straight face.

"Oh my bad." She said as she covered her mouth and tried to be quieter. This girl is a mess.

After about 40 minutes of talking and laughing with my baby sisters it was time for me to head out and go pick Em up. I gathered my things and gave each of then a hug and a kiss on the cheek before walking out of the house and to my car.

By the time I was pulling up to the doctors office Emrys was walking out looking extremely tired. I parked my car in the front of the building again before getting out and helping her the rest of the way. Once she was in the car and her walker was packed in the back I got in the car and we started on our way home.

"You wanna stop and get something to eat?" I asked as I glanced over at her while driving.

"I wanna go home and go to sleep. I'm so tired man." She muttered rubbed her eyes while letting out a deep sigh.

"You need to put a little something on your stomach before you to sleep. You haven't eaten all day." I said reminding her that she needed to eat.

"But I'm tired. I don't want to eat right now." She whined like a little kid causing to glare over at her.

"Quit the whining. You need to eat something so do you want me to stop or do you wanna eat at home?" I asked once again in a stricter tone.

"I can just wait til we get home." She mumbled as she turned her head and looked out the window. I just shook my head and continued the journey home.

~~~~~~~
word count: 700
edited