XI

Emrys

It felt like I had been on this plane forever and I was more bored than I was distraught at the moment. I looked around the plane and saw the two men from earlier just staring at me and it was making me mad.

"Boo?! The fuck y'all lookin at?" I finally snapped at them but it just made them laugh under their breath.

"Fuck is so funny?" I asked getting more irritated by the second.

"So you don't remember us?" One of them finally said.

"Obviously fucking not you Buford. Ian seen my birth family since I was 5 and I turn 18 at the end of August. So again the fuck is so funny and why the fuck is yall staring so hard?" I responded. At the point I was ready to fight and if I wasn't still healing I definitely woulda got up.

"Damn its like that lil cous? You'll remember us when we get to the crib." The lighter one said with a headshake.

"Whatever bro. One of y'all need to help me to the bathroom since y'all wanna kick a bitch cane out her hand." I said as I unbuckled my seatbelt and held onto the seat in front of me to help me stand up.

"What you need the cane for anyway?" The short dark one asked as he came over and helped me up.

"I fell out a second story window and shattered my pelvic bone. I had just went from my walker to my cane before yall ugly asses busted in and snatched me." I spat as I held onto his arm whilst walking to the bathroom. He simply nodded his head and kept silent as he helped me walk in the little bathroom.

Once I was in I closed and locked the door before leaning against the sink counter and checking all my pockets. I had my phone on me this morning but it was obvious that they took it. I sighed before putting my head down and looking at the locket that sat on my chest. I softly smiled as I held it in my hand once again but this time when I held it I felt a little button on the back of it.

I furrowed my eyebrow and flipped it over to inspect it closer. The button was small and barely visible so I wasn't sure what it was for. I pressed it and a little light behind it blinked for a few seconds before turned back off. I stared at it in confusion before pressing it again but holding it this time. The light flashed once again but it went from flashing red to a bright green and then the green stayed on and didn't shut off.

My eyes widened with joy as I realized what it was, my necklace had a little tracking device in it! I let out a breath of relief before tucking the locket in my shirt so it would no longer be visible. I closed my eyes and said a quick prayer, hoping that this was connected to somebody's phone so they could find me quicker.

Once I was done praying I flushed the toilet and ran the sink to pretend that I had went to the bathroom. I opened the bathroom door and the short dude helped me back to my seat before walking back to where he was standing before. The seatbelt light had came on and we began to descend which meant we were landing pretty soon. I put my seatbelt on and laid my head back on my seat as I prepared myself for whatever was about to happen to me.

Karen

It had been roughly 2 hours since we found out Emrys was missing. We had gotten Jacky up but she was so distraught that she couldn't do anything but cry. I took her back to my house since the police were still investigating everything at hers.

"Jacky you gotta eat something."I sighed as I set the plate down on the night stand.

She was currently in the guest room laying down. She's been quiet ever since she came over and she's just been laying here, hasn't moved an inch since she laid down and has barely said a few words.

I sighed before walking around to the other side of the bed. I took my shoes off before laying down in front of her so she was looking at me.

"Jack you gotta eat." I said softly.

"I'm not hungry." She mumbled back sadly.

"You haven't eaten all day though Jacky. I'm not letting you do this to yourself again." I sighed as I thought about how she shut down after Glynn's funeral. Tears had started to form in her eyes and it broke my heart to see my big sister in this much pain and distress.

"We're going to find her Jacky. Just like how we brought Vicky back home we will bring Emmy back home." I said wholeheartedly but I could tell something else was bothering her.

"What if she gets there and doesn't want to come back? What if she wants to be with them instead of us?" She asked softly as her tears fell.

"I thought she didn't want to see them though? You think she would change her mind?" I asked as I thought back to what she told me about what happened when Emrys's family reached out.

She just shrugged before reaching up and wiping her eyes. I sighed and went to say something but her phone dinging beside her interrupted me. I glanced down at the notification and looked down at it in confusion.

"Emrys has started sharing her location? What is that?" I asked before looking up at her. She froze before looking down at her phone in confusion as well before having a slight expression on shock that soon turned into more tears.

"The necklace I got her. She figured out it had a tracker in it! Oh my god I gotta call Candace!" She said as she popped up and unlocked her phone.

Well look at God...

~~~~~~
word count: 1,023

edited