VIII

Emrys

It had been a few days since Candace came over and gave me the news about my family and honestly I'm struggling to make a decision. I want to meet my family but I don't because I basically have my own now. I also don't want them to come and bring my mom without telling me or asking me first. I honestly don't know what I would do if I saw her.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by someone knocking on my door. I sat up and told them to come in and saw that it was Vicky and Aavya. They had some bags with them which caused me to look at them curiously.

"Wassup guys. What's in the bags?" I asked as I turned so I was sitting on the edge of my bed.

"We brought snacks and some drinks. Auntie Jacky and Mommy are going to get their hair done so we came over to keep you company." Vicky explained as she set the bags down on the floor next to my bed.

"Plus I got something that'll help you relax." Aavya butted in. She took her bookbag off before unzipping it and reaching into it. She pulled out a same bag and opened it before handing me something that looked like regular snacks.

I laughed as I took it and looked at the package. This nigga brought me some edibles.

"Yoo where you get these from? I been lookin fa these for a quick minute." I replied as I opened the packages. She brought me Oreos, Hot Cheetos and some Sour Patches.

"You know my brother be makin em. I told him what was goin on and he told me to give em to you. We finna get fried nigga." She replied with a light laugh before dapping me up.

"Fa shooo. Vi you gon try em today are you still to scared?" I asked as I opened the hot cheetos and ate some.

"I'll try some today but not alot. You know how Mommy and Pops be." She replied as she changed into more comfortable clothes.

"We'll probably be knocked out before they even come back so you'll most likely just crash here. You'll be fine." I replied as I passed her the cheetos.

She took the bag and stared at it for a second before taking a few out and eating them. She ate about a handful before closing the bag and handing it back to me. Aavya ate her own stuff before reaching into another bag. She began to pull out a microphone amongst other music production things.

"We recordin sum today?" I asked as I took a gatorade out of one of the bags and began to drink it.

"Sum like that. I know you got alot going on so we just gon freestyle. Get everything off ya chest and on a track." She said as she began setting everything up. I just nodded in agreement before going on my phone to listen to the latest track that we had made.

I put my airpods in and listened to the track as she continued to set everything up. By the time the track was over she was done and handing me the headphones and the mic. I took them as I went over the lyrics I had come up with and soon I was singing.

Jacky

Karen and I had went out today and got our hair and nails done for an upcoming show and also for the trial on Monday. We had run around to different stores to find Emmy something appropriate to wear but also something she would be comfortable in since she hates wearing dresses and skirts sometimes.