XXI

(another one cause ik i been lacking)

Emrys

One of the guards followed me out the courtroom and stopped me in the hall to talk but I was honestly too heated to even listen to her.

"Young lady that behavior in the courtroom is unacceptable." She said which made me scoff.

"All due respect ma'am, I don't give a damn. He put me through hell then had the nerve to disrespect my mother. As far as I'm concerned he had it coming."

"Listen I know this trial is stressful for you. From the testimonies I've heard I can only imagine how awful he was to you. But you can't punch him like that, even though you got a mean right hook." She replied making me sigh.

"Tell him to keep his mouth shut and it won't happen again." I replied as I saw everyone else file out the courtroom still in a state of shock from what I had just done.

I turned around and began to walk outside so I could calm down but I heard everyone calling my name. I just ignored them and kept walking but Jacky caught up to me and spun me around.

"I know you ain't ignoring me. You not too old to get whooped, remember that." She scolded and I tried my best to keep a straight face.

"I need to go calm down. So I'm going to walk away and go outside so I don't say or do anything disrespectful to you, Auntie Karen or Auntie Doe." I said as calmly as I could.

"You aren't going anywhere!" She exclaimed and it was making my anger and irritation worse.

"I need to calm down and you're making it hard for me." I replied as I balled up my hands and began taking deep breaths.

"Jacky let her go calm down. She'll be alright." Dorinda said as she walked over to us.

"Go sit outside Em. I'll come talk to you in a minute." Dorinda said dismissing me so I turned around and continued my journey outside, tuning out their bickering.

Dorinda

"Why would you do that?" Jacky asked me in annoyance.

"Because that girl was about to explode on all of us and it wasn't going to be pretty. She needs some space right now Jacky and you know that." I replied making Karen nod in agreement.

"You know this is taking a toll on her and you know how she is when it comes to you. She wasn't going to let the man who hurt her disrespect you or any of us for that matter." Karen added on making me hum in agreement.

"She just needs a little space. She'll be alright." She continued making Jacky sigh.

"But she knows better than to put her hands on someone while surrounded by police officers." Jacky argued making me smack my teeth.

"Do you really think she cared at that moment Jacky? I mean seriously, she doesn't even cuss in front of any of us and she just did. I don't think she cared about what she was doing or saying in that moment." I replied making her sigh once again.