XIX

~~~~~

Emrys

"Bro what are you doing?!" I screamed as I watch Tim set my clothes on fire and lock me in my room.

I quickly climbed out the window and hung onto the window sill trying to map out my jump but it slammed closed on my fingers causing me to fall.

I hit the ground harshly and struggled to catch my breath. I could see the flames dancing around my room through the window and soon everything started getting dark and I passed out.

I shot up from my nightmare breathing heavily as I looked around the room. I was home, in the living room, not laid out on the pavement bleeding out like I was in my dream. I closed my eyes and tried to steady my breathing as Jacky came down the hallway to check on me.

"Hey hey. In through your nose, out your mouth." She coached me lightly as she sat next to me and rubbed my back to help me calm down.

After a few more deep breaths I was calming down. My heart at stopped racing and I had gotten my breathing under control but I was still a little jittery.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked once I felt good enough to talk.

"About four hours, it's almost 3:30." She replied while still rubbing my back. I nodded and closed my eyes as I felt a headache surge forward.

"I need to eat." I mumbled lowly causing Jacky to hum in agreement.

"Yep so go change while I make you something to eat." She instructed as she helped me off of the couch.

"Can we go somewhere? I don't wanna sit in the house today." I asked as I grabbed my cane and slowly made my way towards my room. I felt hot and sticky so I knew that I was sweating in my sleep and needed to shower.

"Sure. I have to meet Karen and Dorinda at the studio in a while so you can tag along. Just go get dressed then come eat something alright." She replied as she went into the kitchen.

I made my way into my room and picked out my clothes before going into the bathroom to shower. I set my stuff down on the counter before looking at myself in the mirror.

My locs was frizzy and needed to be retwisted, my color had grown out quickly, I had extremely dark circles under my eyes and all around I looked drained. I sighed and looked away, turning towards the shower. I turned the water on and let it warm up before getting my little shower chair and getting undressed.

I showered for a good twenty minutes before getting out and going to get dressed. I had put on a long and colorful sundress with some sandals just so I could be comfortable. It was the first time I had worn a dress in about six months and I actually felt nice it in. I cleaned my glasses and put them on while I was walking out of my bedroom and to the kitchen.

I went and sat down at the table as Jacky was still moving around to prepare me something to eat. It was moments like this that I wished I was healing faster; I knew caring for me was draining and the last thing I want to be is the reason for her weariness.

I just sighed and turned my attention to my phone as I waited for her to finish. A few minutes later she set a bowl of chicken noodle soup down in front of me along with some ginger ale because I was bound to have a stomach ache after eating. She sat down in front of me with her own plate of food, the leftovers from the night before, and said a quick prayer over out food before instructing me to eat.

She was on the phone talking to Karen and Dorinda so I just ate my food in silence, trying to surpass the constant feeling of nausea I had from eating but I only made it about half way through my bowl of soup before the feeling became too strong. I pushed the bowl away from me and grabbed the salt shaker that was in the middle of the table.

I had felt Jacky's attention shift from her phone over to me as I waited a few more moments to see if the nausea would go away but it didn't so I pour a small amount of salt into the palm of my hand before eating it.

"You alright?" She asked me causing me to nod with uncertainty.

"We'll see y'all in a few minutes. Bye." She said cutting Dorinda and Karen off before hanging up on them to make sure I was really okay.

"I'm good." I muttered lowly as my stomach started to settle.

"Do you think you can finish the rest?" She asked as she slowly pushed the bowl back in front of me. I stared at it for a few seconds to see if just looking at it made me feel queasy, thankfully it didn't so I took the bowl and began to slowly eat the rest of me soup.

I mainly just focused on drinking the broth so I was done with it fairly soon. I took another sip of water before getting up to empty out my bowl but Jacky came and took it before I could get up all the way.

"Go get your bag and stuff so we can go." She instructed as she began to straighten up the kitchen.

I sighed with a nod and went into my room getting my wallet and putting it on my cross-body bag. I slipped the bag over my arm and head getting it situated before also putting my keys and charger in it. I went back out into the living room and saw Jacky standing at the door with my phone and her purse in her hand.

"Alright let's hit the road jack." She said as she passed me my phone and opened the door.

"But... you're Jack, I'm Emmy." I said jokingly as I walked out to the car. She gave me a dry chuckle as she locked up the house.

We both got in the car and soon we were on our way to the studio. Maybe J Drew would let me work the sound board this time.

~~~~~~~
word count: 1,081
edited

well this was a boring ass chapter 😭