IX

Emrys

After Aavya and I were done eating we headed back to my room and I sat back down at my desk so I could work on another song. Aav was tired so she get in the bed with Vicky and ended up going to sleep while Mama K and AJ were in the kitchen talking something over.

I put the headphones on and played the next track a few times so I could get my lyrics down before hooking the mic back up and starting on the vocals. After a few takes I finally got it how I wanted it so I went in and added some background vocals before deciding to stop and get some sleep as well. 

I packed everything up after sending myself the audios and I got up from my desk so I could make my way over to my bed but I realized that there wasn't any room for me. Vicky and Aavya were spread out like they live here or something.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes before deciding to head into the living room. I grabbed my extra blanket off the back of my chair and threw it over my shoulder as I reached over and grabbed my walker. I started to make way out into the living room but I stopped before I even fully made it out of my room. I paused and looked over by my door were my cane was and decided that I wanted to try and walk with that instead of the walker; so I set my walker to the side and grabbed my cane before slowly making my way out of my room.

I kept my hand on the wall to keep me balanced but other than that I was walking with no problem. I smiled to myself, happy at the progress I was making and before I knew it I was in front of the couch. I sat down slowly and placed my cane on the side of the couch before doing a couple little stretches to keep me from getting sore. After stretching for about 10 minutes I finally laid back on the couch and drifted off to sleep.

~~The next morning~~

I woke up around 6:30 which isn't unusual for me but something felt... off. I sat up and stretched before looking around the living room and dining room and saw that I was the only one in here, honestly don't know what else I expected.

I did my little morning stretched before grabbing my cane and getting off the couch to go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and all that good stuff. Once I was done I went into my room and saw that Aavya and Vicky were gone which wasn't really strange cause we had school. I just shrugged and got out some clothes so I could take a shower but before I could there was a knock at the door.

I paused and peeked out of my room to look towards the front door as the knocking continued. I went to go open the door but before I could step out of my room a voice whispered to me in the back of my head to not move any further, so I froze. The knocking soon turned into banging and I was confused on how this wasn't waking Jacky up.

As the banging continued I slowly crept towards Jacky's room to see why she wasn't waking up from all this noise but when I walked in her room and bathroom were completely empty.

"What the fuck?" I asked myself softly and before I could process anything else the front door busted open and three huge men rushed into the house.

As soon as I turned around I was snatched and a bag was thrown over my head. One picked me up while the other kicked my cane out of my hand. I began to struggle in their grip trying to get loose while also screaming at the top of my lungs. I began punching and kicking in every direction I could but then something was stuck into my arm and everything slowly went black.

Jacky

"I'm headed back home now Karen. I had to go get some stuff for dinner tonight." I said as I got in the car to go back home.

"Jacky hurry up please. I have an extremely bad feeling and the longer you're away the stronger it gets." She pleaded with me for what seemed like the millionth time.

"I can only drive so fast Kare. I'm sure everything's fine at the house. Emmy is most likely getting ready for her online classes and waiting on me to get back to make breakfast." I said as I began my drive home. I wasn't too far from home but today it seemed like it took forever to get back.

"Well just stay on the phone with me until you get there so I can be sure." She replied as I continued to drive.

"I will I will. I'm almost home anyway and we have to talk about this little concert anyway. When are we supposed to do it?" I asked as I turned the corner into my neighborhood.

"For Em's birthday so at the end of this month or the beginning of next month. Just something to cheer her up." Karen replied as I was pulling up to my house.

"Okay, do you have the list of the singers and everything?" I asked as I parked in my driveway and turned my car off.

"Kierra's helping me with that. Are you home yet?" She asked abruptly.

"Yes I just pulled in the driveway. I'm about to grab the groceries and go in." I said as I unconnected my phone from my car's bluetooth whilst opening my car door.

"Forget the groceries for a second and go check on Emrys." She demanded which made me look at the phone in shock.

"And who's mama are you?" I asked as I got out of the car with my purse and keys in my hand.

"Jacky now is not the time. Just go in the house." She snapped lightly letting me know that she was serious.

"Okay okay I'm going in... side." I said with a pause. I went to unlock my door but it was cracked open and looked like someone or something busted through it.

I pushed the door open slowly and looked around my house seeing that it had basically been turned upside down. My heart fell into my stomach upon seeing all this so I rushed inside and started calling for Emrys.

"Em?! Emrys this isn't funny where are you?!" I screamed as I searched every part of the house I could.

I walked towards my room and saw her cane laying on the floor and a note sitting on my bed.

Hope you enjoyed your little time with her. But she's back where she belongs.

"Jacky! Jacky what's going on?!" I heard Karen scream from the other side of the phone.

"Someone took her."

~~~~~~~~~~

word count: 1,183

edited