V

~~~~~~

It had been about 3 weeks since the initial home visit from CPS and things have been going smoothly thank the Lord. The home visits have gone with ease, Emrys is progressing much faster than expected and she's all caught up with her school work. She's been doing the homeschooling stuff so she's moving at her own pace which is helping alot because she doesn't have to stress about deadlines.

Today was a pretty chill day. My sisters had come over while Em was doing her school work and we talked about a few upcoming events and just spent some times together before they left around 1:30.  As they were leaving Angel, Kierra and Shamika were pulling up and they each got out of the car with bags in their hands.

"What's all that?" I asked as I held the door open for them.

"Some hair and makeup stuff. We bout to play beauty shop on Emmy Pooh." Shamika answered as she put some bags down and came over to hug me. Each of them did the same as they walked in the house.

"Alright we'll she's in her room so go ahead." I said as I closed and locked the doors behind them. They all grabbed their bags and headed back into Em's room leaving me alone to watch tv.

Kierra

"Emmy Poohhh we're heree." Angel said as she opened up Emrys's bedroom door walking in. Sham and I followed in behind her and set the bags down before greeting Em.

"I see and y'all brought the whole shop with y'all." She said as she looked at all the bags causing us to laugh a little.

"Cause we gotta make you over girl. Lorddd make me oooovveerrr." I sang in a loud dramatic voice as I sat next to her.

"Ki that's too loud." She mocked Mommy as she covered her ears making me burst into laughter.

"Oh my goodness you sound just like her. Come on girl we got work to do." I said as I stood up and brought the bags over to where she was.

Angel helped her get up and sit in the vanity chair as Shamika hooked up the ring lights. Once she was settled we all started getting everything together for her makeover.

"Alright so this is your outfit and your shoes. Don't worry about walking in them we just gon take some pictures okay." Shamika said as she shower her the outfit and heels we had planned out.

"And I know you said keep the hair dark but, we're going blonde for the day." I said as I turned around with her wig in my hands.

"Uhn uhn that ain't gon look right on me Kierra." She said with a frown.

"Yes it will. Just trust the process." I said as I set it down and got all my hair stuff out.

Angel was over to the side getting all the makeup stuff together and soon we were all ready for this makeover. I started on her hair, braiding down her hair and gluing her wig cap on as Angel started on her face.

By the time I was done installing her wig Angel was done with her face and Shamika had polished her toes. We helped her into the bathroom and she changed her clothes before coming out and showing us.