X

Jacky

"What do you mean someone took her? Oh lord I'm on my way." Karen said from the other end of the phone before the call ended.

I stood frozen in the middle of my bedroom due to shock as well as uprising panic. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before turning around and walking back out of the house. I stood on the porch and took another deep breath before unlocking my phone and calling Candace, thankfully she picked up after the first two rings.

"Hey Jacky what's up?" She said once she answered. She sounded so happy and I knew that this would definitely ruin her day.

"Em is gone. Someone took her and left a note, my whole house is turned upside down." I spat out while still trying to keep my cool.

"What?! Who-" She started to ask but I cut her off.

"From the note I can only assume its her birth family because they said she's back where she belongs." I rushed out. As I was talking to Candace Karen had pulled up with Dorinda, Kierra and Drew.

"I'm on my way with the police. Just stay outside and don't touch anything in the house. Hopefully they left some fingerprints so we can figure out who did this." She quickly stated before hanging up.

I slowly took the phone from my ear as everyone was walking up to me. All of their voices meshed together as they surrounded me and it soon turned into my ears ringing and my vision becoming blurred. Not even a few seconds later I felt my body go limp and someone caught me.

My body felt tingly all over and I was having a hard time breathing. I struggled for what felt like hours before my body just gave up causing me to pass out.

Omniscient

"Oh Lord Jacky!! Come on Jacky wake back up." Dorinda panicked as she sat on the ground whilst putting Jacky's head in her lap with Drew's help.

"She had a panic attack Auntie. She needs to cool off." Kierra said as she ran from her car with a bottle of water and some napkins.

She sat next to Dorinda and opened the water bottle, pouring some of the water onto the napkins then dabbing Jacky's face with them while simultaneously fanning her. As they were doing that Candace had arrived with the police and immediately went over to try and help Jacky.

"Oh my goodness is she alright? What happened?" Candace asked Karen once she walked over and saw Jacky passed out.

"She had a panic attack of some sort and passed out." She replied as she watched the police officers rush in the house to assess the scene as the paramedics came over to check Jacky's vitals.

Everyone stood around not exactly knowing what to do at this moment. All they could do was hope and pray that Emrys was okay.

Meanwhile Emrys was just waking up from whatever drug they stuck her with to make her go to sleep. She slowly opened her eyes before looking around and noticing that she was on a plane.

Immediate panic set in as she looked around the basically empty plane before looking out of the window. She couldn't tell where she was going but at the moment she was passing over a lot of water.

"It's probably just the lake. You aren't going far its just the lake." She whispered to herself trying to calm the panic that was steadily rising through her body.

As she was repeating her mantra to herself the two men from earlier appeared from the front of the plane alongside a woman. Emrys looked up and was shocked to see that she resembled the woman to a great extent. Tears filled her eyes and her stomach formed into a knot as she look at her mother.

"My Princess Mya. I finally got you back." The woman said with a bright smile on her face. Emrys frowned upon hearing the name that she had abandoned so long ago.

"That's not my name." She said lowly but loud enough for the woman to hear it.

"Yes it is. I named you, I know what your name is." She said as if her feelings were hurt.

"No.. That's not my name. I changed my name the day I stopped looking for you, when I was 15." Emrys replied as she roughly wiped the tears that sat in her eyes.

"Take me back home man. Ion wanna be with you or your fucked up ass family." Emrys spat as she looked at her mother with hatred evident in her eyes.

"I am taking you home. Back home with me, where you belong." The woman said eerily with a wide smile.

"I belong in Detroit, not wherever you going so take me back." Emrys urged once more. Her 'mother' just stood there and shook her head before turning around and walking back to the front of the plane, leaving her in the company of those two large men.

She stared at them with hatred and disgust in her eyes before turning and looking out the window. She stared at the bright sky that was barren of clouds and began to hope and pray that Jacky would be able to find her, wherever she ended up.

As she continued to say her pray she reached to her neck where her 'early birthday present' laid. It was a locket necklace from Jacky, it had Emrys name and birthday on it. She held it closely in her hand and she reminisced about the day she got it. Tears brimmed her eyes yet again as she clutched the necklace tightly and silently cried out.

"Why me God?"

~~~~~

word count: 962

edited