Chapter 2

All the Gryffindors sat in the common room listening to a Ministry person named Cornelius Fudge who had come in to speak to them. 

"If you do kill somebody there is still the same amount of killers in the world." He said looking at them all. Cassiopeia was sat at the back throwing grapes in the air and catching them in her mouth. 

"Kill two." She called and caught a grape in her mouth. There was surprised laughter all around the room. 

"Um please do not kill two people even if they are killers." 

"But hypothetically if two killers came at me. And hypothetically I had my wand out and hypothetically had enough strength to cast a killing curse and hypothetically I did it. Hypothetically wouldn't I be doing the world a favour? Hypothetically." 

"Well, I uh um hope you will never have to make that decision." 

"Dude." She gave him a look. "We are at war. There's a sixty percent chance that I will have to make that decision and if you want to argue with me I'll get Frank to do the math." 

"No, I do not want to argue with you." 

"Good for you." She muttered and caught another grape. 

"Anyway as I was saying...." Cassiopeia groaned and banged her head against the wall blocking out his voice. 

What came first the chicken or the egg?

If I punch myself and it hurts am I strong or am I weak?

The guy who discovered milk what the fuck was he doing with that cow?

Once we're born are we in the process of living or dying?

If two left-handed people had an argument, who's right?

If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, would we even know? 

Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Those were her very insightful thoughts during the lecture. 

"Hey, Cassie dinners in a few minutes," Alice said, shaking her arm. 

"Oh food brilliant what are we waiting for." She jumped up. 

"You were literally just eating grapes." Frank laughed. 

"So?" 

"How are you already hungry?" 

"Because Frank I am amazing." She flipped her hair and grabbed both her friends by the wrists and dragged them to the Great Hall. 

"There's a party tonight," Alice announced halfway through the meal. Both Frank and Cassiopeia looked up with spaghetti hanging from their mouths. Alice sometimes wondered if they were related. 

"Swallow your food." She ordered and they complied. 

"So party are you going to?" Frank asked. 

"Yup we all are." 

"Nice I need to drink something strong. Even if I can't get wasted." Cassiopeia cheered quietly.

"What kind of party?" Frank asked skeptically. 

"Karaoke from what I've heard." Frank and Cassiopeia glanced at each other. 

"Well sounds fun overall," Frank said eventually. 

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

(Let's just pretend that all songs invented now were invented back then too.)