Chapter 62.

They had lured the Death Eaters out of the catacombs and were now fighting in the streets. 

James and Sirius were fighting together in perfect synchronisation as were Peter and Remus and Frank and Alice. 

Cassiopeia was fighting alone and was quite proud of her wandwork. 

Five Death Eaters came at her at the same time and she gulped nervously. She could hear the fighting all around her. The spells hitting off each other and crackling. 

The Death Eater shot a crucio at her and she fell to the ground to dodge it. The ground was rough and her palm was once again sliced open. 

She rolled away from the Death Eaters and jumped to her feet. She shot a flurry of jinxes and hexes at them while they backed her into a corner. 

She brought down two and in the end it was three against one. 

She could smell smoke from the spells being thrown around and it was overwhelming her senses. 

"Little Lovegood wonderful to see you." The Death Eater drawled. 

"Oh heyyy Rodolphus." She said in a slightly higher tone than usual. 

"Reducto." She ducked and the spell hit the wall behind her and it crumbled. 

"Rude. I thought we were friends."

"Honestly Little Lovegood your fighting skills have depleted." 

"Oh Rabastan you're here too." She awkwardly did finger guns at the wizard while searching for a way to escape. 

"Stuck in a corner Little Lovegood." A third feminine voice mocked. 

"Hey that nicknames for those Rodolphus and Rabastan alone." 

That made the three pause and she dove under Rodolphus's legs. 

"Send me the cake recipe please Rabastan!" She called back as she sprinted through the crowd. 

"Seriously Cassie." Lily said as she passed. 

"It's called priorities Lily dear. Tarantelegra." She shot the spell at a passing Death Eater before taking off running again. She was not getting caught by the three Lestranges again. 

"We sadly lost five brave wizards and witches in that fight." Dumbledore announced. 

Sirius wasn't listening he was trying to find Cassiopeia but he couldn't spot her anywhere. 

"Lily have you seen Cassie?" He asked frowning. 

"I saw her about half an hour ago. She was running from the Lestranges." Lily was looking after an injured auror so couldn't get up to help the search.

Sirius swore and began combing through the crowds with more vigour. 

"Cassie!" He yelled. 

He spotted Rodolphus tied up on the floor. He raced out and pressed a wand to the older man's throat. 

"Where's Cassie?" 

"Little Lovegood?" He looked at the wand at his throat unimpressed. "How would I know." 

"The last time she was seen she was running from you, your brother and wife." 

"Well we didn't catch her. She's always been a speedy thing. I swear it was chasing her after she stole the last biscuit all over again." Rodolphus rolled his eyes obviously remembering something. 

Sirius pushed away from the Lestrange and went off searching again. 

"James! Have you seen Cassie?" 

"Sorry mate I haven't seen her since the battle started. Have you seen Lils?" 

"Yeah she's over there." Sirius pointed behind him distractedly. 

He pushed through a large group of people and sighed in relief as he saw Cassiopeia standing tall with only a few cuts and bruises. She was carefully lifting rubble off someone. 

"Hey stop moving." She said through gritted teeth. "This whole thing is gonna come down on you if you keep moving." 

When enough rubble was cleared she reached forward and pulled the one and only Felix Rosier out from under the rubble. 

"Nice to see you Little Lovegood." He said while coughing his lungs out to try and clear out the dust. 

"Goodbye Funny Felix." She snapped before turning on her heel and walking away. 

Sirius grabbed her and pulled her into a tight hug. She froze for a second but recognised his scent and grip and hugged him back. 

"Merlin you scared me." Sirius whispered. 

"I'm sorry." She murmured. 

"Just don't disappear in a fight."