Chapter 56.

Cassiopeia pulled her coat on and grabbed her wand. 

"Kreacher!" She called. The horrible house-elf appeared. "Regulus told me that you would take me to the place." 

"Of course Miss." 

"Hey Cassie where are you going?" Sirius asked coming into the hall. He frowned at the sight of his old house-elf. 

Kreacher and Cassiopeia glanced at each other. 

"Uh me and Regulus are meeting up but he won't tell me where so he sent Kreacher." 

"Like a date?!" Sirius frowned deeper. 

"Of course not! You know Regulus is like a brother to me." 

Sirius knew she was right. He did trust her and nodded reluctantly. 

"I'm going to James's later. Come home soon." He kissed her lightly and she nodded. 

Before Sirius left the room Cassiopeia grabbed his arm. 

"I love you Sirius." 

Sirius looked at her confused but happy. "I love you too." 

"Just remember that. Okay are you ready Kreacher." 

"Of course." 

They both disappeared leaving Sirius slightly worried but decided it was just Cassiopeia being Cassiopeia. 

She and Kreacher landed on a windy clifftop. 

"We have to go on foot." 

"Okay. Lead the way." 

Kreacher walked ahead of her. She looked around nervously and pulled her coat closer to her. She repeated in her head over and over that she was doing this so Regulus didn't have to. 

She touched the wall and it cut her palm making her hiss in pain. 

"Come quickly." Kreacher said and she speeded up. 

They walked through the caverns. 

"Master Regulus says it's located behind this wall but we don't know how to open it." 

Cassiopeia ran her bleeding hand against the wall forgetting it was injured trying to see if there was some kind of rune or marking but it was just normal rock wall. 

But she saw her blood smear on the wall and suddenly it began moving. 

"Kreacher! What's happening!?" 

"The wall Miss. It needed blood to open." 

They both entered slowly. There was a boat docked by the edge. 

"Are we supposed to row across?" 

"I would say so. But I could just apparate us across." Kreacher held a hand out to her and she took it. 

They landed on the small island and she saw a bowl full of a clear liquid. 

"Miss must drink." Kreacher said. "Only then will the horcrux reveal itself." 

"Kreacher? You must swear to me that no matter how much I beg or order you to stop that you will make sure I drink it all." 

"I will Miss." 

Cassiopeia approached the bowl and took the shell with shaking hands. She took a shellfull and slowly raised it to her mouth. She took a deep breath before drinking it in one gulp. 

She didn't feel any effects for a few seconds before she began to hyperventilate. She fell to her knees and began choking on what seemed like nothing. 

Kreacher quickly refilled the shell and as scared as Cassiopeia was of drinking more she forced it down through her delirium. 

Kreacher ran back and refilled the shell. 

"No! NO!" She cried pushing the shell away. 

"Miss must keep drinking." Kreacher insisted. 

She shook uncontrollably but let Kreacher pour the potion in her mouth. 

Shell after shell was drunk. Each time she shook more and more and begged Kreacher to stop but Kreacher remembered his orders and blocked out her pleas. 

She began mumbling and talking to someone who wasn't there. 

"Stop! No more! Don't make me." 

"This is the last one Miss." Kreacher reassured and she shook her head burying her head in her knees with her shoulders shaking uncontrollably. "One more Miss." 

She slowly lifted her head and Kreacher made her drink that last shell. 

There was silence as she looked around. Then she said in a rough and cracked voice as if she had been screaming. 

"Kreacher? Water please?" 

Kreacher ran and grabbed the locket before conjuring water. But he couldn't scoop the water out of the bowl no matter how many times he tried. 

"Water." She whispered. 

Kreacher scooped out a shellfull from the water surrounding them and quickly brought it back to the girl. Then everything began going wrong.

The inferi crawled out of the water quickly. Kreacher hit them with spell after spell remembering his orders. 

Bring her back Kreacher. Bring her back.

The inferi began overrunning the small island and Cassiopeia reached painfully for her wand. 

An inferi grabbed her and dragged her into the water. She fought, trying to get back to the surface but she was still weak from the potion. She felt it's fingers tearing the skin at the back of her neck and screamed in pain but it was muffled by the water.

Kreacher snapped his fingers and suddenly Cassiopeia was right beside him again, gasping for breath.

She grabbed her wand and made complicated wand movements already feeling her body failing her. 

She muttered words in a language Kreacher recognised. 

A huge wave of fire shot out of her wand going everywhere that inferi stood. She conducted it like an orchestra. Every wand movement controlled the fire and pushed the inferi back into the water. 

The inferi were screaming and Cassiopeia was leaning against the pillar in the middle so she wouldn't fall. 

"Kreacher! Get us out of here!" She screamed and Kreacher grabbed her hand and they both disappeared. 

They landed in the place just outside of Lovegood wards. They would have to walk the rest of the way. Cassiopeia cursed her families paranoia as she felt her legs give out from beneath her. 

"Miss!" Kreacher said bewildered as he had never seen a wizard or witch so weak before. 

"Just give me a minute Kreacher." She said breathing heavily. She let her wand fall out of her hand and lay in the grass staring at the dark, starry night sky. 

She pulled herself to her feet leaning against a tree and trying to muster the energy to walk. 

Kreacher watched cautiously wondering if he should step in and help her. 

"Kreacher bring the locket to Regulus. I never want to see it again." She ordered. 

Kreacher nodded and disappeared with a pop. 

Cassiopeia fell to her knees and placed her head in her knees. 

The Emerald Potion. She should've known. 

She let sobs take over her body. Her shoulders shook and she couldn't find the energy to get up and go home.

She sat against the tree and let the darkness take over.