Chapter 46.

Cassiopeia was asleep when she heard her door creak open. She opened one eye and saw the silhouette of Sirius. She lifted up the cover of her bed in invitation and he ran forward. He crawled under then duvet beside her and she held him tight. 

"You okay?" She whispered. 

"Just miss them." He mumbled. 

"It'll be okay." She assured and kissed him lightly on the lips making him smile slightly. 

"What would I do without you?" 

"I don't know Sirius. Now get some sleep."

She left Sirius in her bed the next morning. He hadn't been getting enough sleep lately and deserved some. 

She went downstairs and called for a house-elf. 

"Could you make so tea please?" 

"Of course Mistress Cassiopeia." 

"Thank you." 

The elf popped away and Cassiopeia went to the living room. She went to a cupboard and pulled out a photo album. 

It was her and Sarah mostly. But there were photos of her cousin, twin, grandmother and uncle in there as well. It was a book full of the people who cared for her over the years. 

All of them had died from some illness. Sometimes she wondered if they had been poisoned but quickly discarded that idea. 

She closed the book when she heard footsteps on the staircase and quickly put it back on the shelf. 

"Morning." She nodded to James.

"Good Morning." He replied and sat in the armchair across from hers. 

"Get much sleep?" 

"Not really." 

"You can go back to bed you know it's only eight and it's Summer." 

"Nah don't feel like it." 

"Call Binky if you want breakfast." She smiled at him and sipped her tea. 

"Can I invite Lily over?" He asked after a few seconds of silence. 

"I mean sure but if she gets hurt or cursed it's not my fault." 

"Thanks Cassie. I think." 

Cassiopeia nodded and picked up the newspaper and glasses. 

James left to write a letter to Lily. 

Sirius came down and sat beside Cassiopeia laying his head on her shoulder. 

"Hey Siri." She said kissing his forehead and then going back to her newspaper. 

"Hey love, anything interesting?" 

"Mulciber has been betrothed to Flint. Death Eater attacks. More arrests." 

"Love?" 

"Uh huh." 

"Can you promise me something?" 

"Depends." 

"Can you turn down the next duel. Say no." 

Cassiopeia carefully folded her newspaper and put it down on the table beside her. "What?" 

"It's dangerous. And what are you getting out of it?" 

"We capture one Death Eater every two weeks."