Chapter 50.

"We're going out for dinner tonight." Sirius said after the meeting. 

"Of course. Did you think I'd come home and not go on a date with you." 

"I don't know maybe." 

"Well I'll see you tonight then. Where are you staying?" 

"I've got an apartment but I'll come pick you up. I'm guessing you're staying in Lovegood Manor." 

"The one and only." 

"Then I'll see you later." 

"Miss you already." She kissed his cheek before heading to the floo. 

"Miss you more!" 

She rolled her eyes and disappeared in green flames. Sirius and his need to be competitive obviously hadn't changed. 

She hadn't realised how cold England was until she spent half a year in Egypt. 

She was wearing a jumper dress with tights to the date. Her hair was hanging loose to her shoulders. She looked amazing. 

Sirius knocked at the door at seven o'clock. He was wearing his signature leather jacket and a pair of jeans. But the jeans were clearly freshly ironed. His hair was pulled back in a pony tail. 

"Hey Sirius." Cassiopeia said stepping out of the house and hugging him. 

"Hello darling." 

They apparated away from the house but they were going to walk to the restaurant. 

"How has auror training been?" Cassiopeia asked as they walked, holding hands. 

"It's pretty hard. They wake you up at four in the morning and work you until eight o'clock when you get a fifteen minute break to eat and then you start training again. What's your schedule?" 

"I wake up at three in the morning as that's when the tomb is most active and you have to weave your way through all the traps while still being half asleep. Our camp leader makes us work in the tomb until nine then we get a short break for breakfast. Then we're sent back into the tomb until eight o'clock that night." 

"God that sounds awful. Is that everyday?" 

"Yup. It's not that bad. It's bad at the start when you're not used to waking up at three and eating once between three am and eight pm. But we don't train twenty four hours." She knocked his shoulder playfully. 

"I missed you, you know." 

"I missed you too. I was used to waking everyday to you dragging me out of bed for classes. Now I'm woken by Jessie at three am to go into a cursed tomb." 

"Yeah. James wakes me every morning. Not nearly as beautiful as you let me tell you that." 

"I don't know. James is pretty cute." 

"Not even nearly on your level, my love."

They came to the restaurant and Sirius led her to a table. He pulled out her chair before sitting down opposite her. They had come to an Asian restaurant.

"What are you ordering?" Sirius asked. 

"I'm thinking the chicken chow mein. What about you?" 

"The singapore noodles definitely."

"Excuse me." She said to the waiter. "May we order?" 

"Of course ma'am. What are you two having tonight?" 

After ordering they lapsed into easy conversation as if they had never been apart. 

After dinner they walked around the city together. Sirius looked down at Cassiopeia lovingly as she eagerly pointed out all the different kinds of muggle car. 

"Why are you looking at me like that." Cassiopeia said blushing. 

"Because you're beautiful when you're talking about something you love." She laughed and kissed him softly. 

"I have no idea how I survived half a year without you." Sirius mumbled before kissing her back. 

They went back to Lovegood Manor and cuddled on the couch all night. 

"I love you Sirius Black." 

"I love you too Cassiopeia Lovegood." Sirius grinned and kissed her again. "You have no idea how long I waited to hear that." 

"I think I have a vague idea." 

"Regulus, that squealer." Sirius swore but Cassiopeia distracted him by kissing him passionately. 

Sirius and Cassiopeia were joint at the hip while she was home again but the day came where she had to leave. 

"Don't go!" Sirius begged. 

"You're leaving as well Siri. You have to go back to training. I'm sure by the time you're finished with training then I'll be finished with my tomb." 

"You better be." 

Cassiopeia hugged all four of the boys goodbye before a man appeared in the room. 

"Mr Rendall." She inclined her head in respect. 

"Are you ready?" 

"Of course. I'll see you four later." She blew a kiss before putting her hand on Mr Rendall's shoulder and disappearing with him. 

"She better be finished with that tomb soon." Sirius muttered.