Chapter 4

A month later. 

Since the incident with the firecrackers, Cassiopeia had grown closer to the Marauders.  It did help that they had detention with each other almost every night. 

Frank and Alice had both caught an extremely contagious illness and had been sent home. She hung out with her brother more often now. 

"Sup Xeno. Any new finds." 

"Oh, Merlin sister your head is full of Wrackspurts. It always is. You should try meditation." 

"Yeah maybe. Whatcha up to now though?" 

"Studying for OWLS. You should too." She groaned everyone was telling her that. Remus, Alice now her own brother. 

"But it's soooooo boring." 

"Jobs are important sister and you need to study to get them." 

"Maybe I'll run away and join the circus." Xenophilius's head jerked up. 

"You wouldn't really, would you?" 

"'Course not Xeno. Guess I'll leave you to your studying then." She ruffled his hair and ran off. 

She went and sat by the Black Lake and took out a book. She stared at it for a few seconds. It was advanced Defence Against The Dark Arts. She knew she should probably start with something easier since this book had long and confusing words that even normal people would struggle to read. 

She opened the book and looked at the first page. She read the first sentence and thought she did a pretty good job until it seemed like the letters moved around and made it even more difficult to read. The words were shaking and moving around rearranging the letters. 

She concentrated harder. The teachers were right she was just being lazy. She began to get frustrated with her book and felt an overwhelming urge to set it on fire. 

Werewolves always become moody around the full moon. They have short tempers and always look tired and sick. 

Wolveswere wayls becoem mody daroun the full mono. They have rhorts tepmers and wayls kool tried and sick. 

She snapped the book shut angrily. She'd find a different way to learn about werewolves for her next class but it sure as fuck wasn't going to be out of a book. 

She put the book in her bag and headed to the quidditch pitch. She liked sports a lot. She never tried out because she played seeker but she knew that James was a brilliant seeker and deserved his place on the pitch. 

Speak of the devil and he will appear. There was James and Sirius up in the air. 

She sat down and watched as James caught the snitch again and again to Sirius's annoyance. She laughed when Sirius aimed a blow at James to distract him. 

Remus came and sat next to her. "Hello, Cassiopeia." He said quietly. Cassiopeia looked over and smiled. But her smile dimmed slightly when she saw the state he was in. 

"Remus are you okay. You look ill." 

"Oh, I'm fine just a bad night's sleep." He waved off her concern though he was touched that she cared. He knew that she wouldn't care if she knew the real reason. 

"This isn't just a bad night's sleep. Can I feel your temperature?" She hated it when people touched her without permission. Unless it was Alice, Frank, or Xenophilius that is. So she made sure to always ask. Of course, sometimes she forgot but she tried to as much as she could.

"Okay." Remus was very surprised. He thought only the Marauders and his mother cared this much. 

She carefully placed a hand on his forehead. "Remus you're burning up." She gasped. Remus felt his forehead it was no different than it normally was around this time of the month. 

"It's not that bad." 

"Not that bad? Remus, you need to go to Madam Pomfrey. Honey, you're as hot as Xeno was when he had scarlet fever."

"No, I'm fine I promise." He looked at her pleadingly. 

"Okay, I won't force you to go to Madam Pomfrey. But can you at least come in with me and have a nap or something. I don't want you to get worse." Remus nodded he would love a nap. He was only out here because Sirius and James had begged him. 

The full moon was tonight so he felt absolutely awful. He was practically swaying on his feet. 

"Do you want some help?" She asked quietly. Remus wanted to say no so badly but he knew if he tried to walk himself he'd fall over. 

"If you don't mind. Honestly, you don't have to help me. I understand if you have better things to do. I'll be fine." He was rambling. 

"Right now Remus I don't think I have anything more important than making sure you don't faint on your way back to your room." She gently took one of his arms and put it over her shoulder. 

"You don't have to take me to my room I'll be able to make it up myself." Remus and Cassiopeia both knew that was a lie. 

"Remus I don't have to do anything. I want to do it." She practically carried him up the stairs. Which was awkward since he was quite tall and she wasn't. 

She closed the curtains which Remus appreciated immensely. 

"Anything else I can do Remus." She asked and he shook his head. "Okay. Sleep well, Remus." She closed the curtains around his bed and left the room. She entered quietly about twenty minutes later and left a glass of water and a fever-reducing potion beside his bed that she had definitely not stolen from Madam Pomfrey. 

She went back outside and conjured a football. She began doing keepie uppies trying to beat her high score of ninety-six. She finally got bored of that and began doing tricks with the football. 

Sirius and James watched fascinated. They had never seen this kind of sport. She never let the ball touch her hands and used her feet, legs, chest, and head for everything. 

"What you two never seen soccer before." She called and kicked the ball at Sirius who dived out of the way. "You were supposed to kick it back." She said watching the ball get further and further away. "Accio football." She muttered pointing her wand. 

"I was supposed to kick that back. It was like a fricken cannonball." 

"Dude it's a football. Come here I'll try to teach you two the basics." 

They spent the afternoon playing. Sirius wasn't the biggest fan but James adored it and made her promise to teach him more.