Chapter 55.

"Wow Lily you look amazing." Cassiopeia said as they all sat in Lovegood Manor. 

"Not as good as you. Egypt really agreed with you, didn't it?" 

"I don't know. The amount of times I nearly died is probably bad but yes I do look good." 

"Always so modest." Remus said with a roll of his eyes.

"I know." 

There was a tapping on the window and Cassiopeia looked and saw Regulus's owl. 

"Oh sweet." She got to her feet and pulled open the window. "How's it goin' Zambi?" 

The owl hooted and held out it's leg. 

She opened the letter. 

To Cassie,

Cassie I found something really important. I have to talk to you as soon as possible. Can I come over? 

R.B 

Cassiopeia frowned and pulled out a piece of paper. 

Yeah come over now if you want.

A few minutes later. 

The six of them were quiet shocked as a dishevelled Regulus fell through the floo. 

"Regulus!" Cassiopeia jumped to her feet. 

"I'm fine I'm fine." 

The five others in the room were bewildered as Cassiopeia and Regulus had a quick and whispered conversation. 

"Yeah the office is this way." 

Cassiopeia helped Regulus to his feet and they quickly left the room. 

Sirius and James glanced at each other before following. 

"James sit down!" Lily whisper-shouted. 

"But what if they're in danger?" 

"Then she'll tell you." 

James sighed and sat down. Sirius glanced between James and the door before heaving a sigh and sat down. 

Regulus sat down heavily and Cassiopeia sat next to him. 

"What's wrong?" 

"Horcrux." Regulus said breathing heavily. 

"What!?" 

"It's how he's so powerful and can't be killed. He has a horcrux." 

"How do you know." 

"Professor Slughorn." 

"Our potions professor? How would he know?" 

"He told You-Know-Who how they are made when You-Know-Who was in school. He thought it was academical." 

"Oh Merlin. Why are you telling me this?" 

"I know where one is and I needed to tell someone I trust." 

Cassiopeia stared at him for a second before realization crossed her face. "No! Absolutely not! You are not going after it." 

"I have to! He's evil and needs to be stopped." 

"You aren't even out of school yet." 

"There's two months left." 

"You aren't going after it!" 

"You aren't my mother." 

"I might as well be and right now I'm telling you not to go after something that will kill you!" 

"I have to. He's too powerful and he needs to be brought down." 

"Then tell someone. Tell Dumbledore! Tell someone." 

"I've told you!" 

"What am I going to do! I'm two years older than you." 

"I don't know! I don't know!" Regulus looked on the verge of breaking down in tears. 

"Regulus you can't go after it. You don't know even nearly enough magic. Hell I don't know enough magic." 

"I can't just leave it!" 

"Then tell someone you trust. Not me. Someone you think knows enough magic to defeat it." 

"That's why I came to you. You're always so strong. Ever since we were kids and doing pretend games. You fell out of a tree and broke your arm and only cried for a minute before pulling yourself together. And you always know what to do! You dueled Death Eaters. And faced the Dark Lord himself and escaped! If anyone could tell me what to do it would be you!" 

"AND I'M TELLING YOU NOT TO GO!" 

"BUT I'M TELLING YOU I HAVE TO." 

"NO YOU DON'T." 

In the living room they could only hear muffled yelling but couldn't make out any words. 

"They're really going at it aren't they." Peter said biting his nail nervously. 

"I can't remember the last time Cassie shouted like this. He obviously said something bad." Sirius said. 

"What do you think he told her?" Lily asked rubbing her stomach comfortingly. 

"Something about the Death Eaters probably." Remus replied. 

"What would he say to get her this angry though?" James asked but no one had an answer. 

"Regulus Arcturus Black you are not going and that's final!" 

"Why are you so against me going?!" 

"Because I'm not seeing another person I love die for nothing!" 

"THIS ISN'T NOTHING!" 

"YES IT IS. YOU REALIZE THAT HE WILL HAVE PROTECTED THAT BETTER THAN EVEN GRINGOTTS. AND YOU CAN'T JUST WALTZ IN THERE AND TAKE THE HORCRUX!" 

"I DON'T THINK IT WILL BE EASY BUT IT'S WORTH THE CONSEQUENCES!" 

"NO IT'S NOT. NOTHING IS WORTH YOU DYING." 

"THIS IS!" 

"SAYS WHO?!" 

"ME!" 

"YOU AREN'T THINKING STRAIGHT. YOU DYING MIGHT NOT SEEM TO BAD TO YOU BUT WHAT ABOUT SIRIUS, WHAT ABOUT BARTY, WHAT ABOUT YOUR FAMILY, WHAT ABOUT ME?!" 

"YOU'LL ALL GET OVER IT EVENTUALLY!" 

"NO WE WON'T. I WON'T. BARTY WON'T. I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE REST OF THEM BUT ME AND HIM WON'T!" 

Regulus broke down in tears and threw himself into Cassiopeia's arms. 

"You're not going to go." Cassiopeia said and slowly he nodded. 

"But someone has to go. I don't know who to tell. I don't trust Dumbledore at all." 

"Neither do I." 

Cassiopeia already had a plan forming in her head. A stupid, reckless plan. But a plan. 

"Regulus. You're not gonna like this but sit down."