Chapter 54.

Cassiopeia was back on her feet and was going back to Egypt today. 

"You have to promise me you'll be careful and not question any strange runes," Sirius said seriously. 

"Of course, I won't." She kissed his nose. "I do have some self-preservation." 

"Huh, when you have proof of that we'll talk."  

"I love you," Cassiopeia said wrapping her arms around his neck. 

"I love you too Lovegood." 

"Two can play that game, Black." 

"Come home soon," Sirius whispered and softly kissed her. 

"I'll try. Stay safe out there." 

"I'll try." 

She stepped onto the boat that was waiting to set off for Egypt. She wasn't allowed to apparate or portkey anywhere yet so she had to resort to muggle ways. 

Sirius watched her go sadly. She stood on the deck and waved to him. He raised a hand and waved back energetically but as soon as the boat left the harbour he had to wipe away tears as he knew this could be the last time he saw her for months. 

The last time he had seen her off he hadn't seen her for six months. He had gotten used to having her around the past three weeks and now it was back to just him and the boys. 

He had an Order meeting in half an hour so he needed to get moving if he wanted to be there on time.

"Dumbledore we can't let her in on our plans anymore." Lucinda insisted. 

"I don't believe that Miss Lovegood is the spy." Dumbledore replied calmly. 

"Of course she is! The apple never falls far from the tree." 

"Hey shut up you old hag!" Sirius said getting to his feet angrily. "She's the last person who'd join the Death Eaters." 

"Wasn't she on trial for associating with them a few years ago?" 

"And she was proved innocent." 

"That means nothing. We know the Ministry is corrupt. She has a lot of power and money she could've easily gotten out of it." 

"Why you-" 

"Come on Sirius." James interrupted casting a dirty look at Lucinda. "This 'order' is obviously just as corrupt as the Ministry." 

The Marauders and Lily all left scowling. 

"So touching the coffin sets off a curse?" Cassiopeia said circling it curiously. 

"Yeah." Jessie said. 

"And what happens if you lift the lid with magic?" 

"It shines really bright and almost blinds you." 

"Here Darragh grab me a blindfold." Cassiopeia said blocking out her past experiences with blindfolds and concentrated on the task at hand. 

She got a thick black blindfold which she put on quickly. "Right has everyone got a blindfold on?" 

"Yeah." 

"Wingardium Leviosa." They all said together and felt the coffin fighting back against their spell. 

"Wingardium Leviosa." They chanted again and they heard a clatter of the lid falling to the ground. 

"That's probably not good." Cassiopeia said but didn't lift her blindfold.

"Everyone on three cast Nox as powerfully as you can." Mr Rendall ordered. 

"NOX!" They all shouted. 

"Okay who's volunteering to lift their blindfold?" Ben asked. 

"I'll do it." Horace said wearily. 

He slowly lifted his blindfold and there was a dim light coming from the coffin. 

"Yeah it's okay." 

Everyone removed their blindfolds and crept towards the coffin. 

Inside was the corpse of a woman. 

"He really went out and buried his mistress in the same pyramid as his wife. The confidence he has is really astounding." Cassiopeia said. 

"Well good work team. Darragh go document what we have discovered and the rest of you you know what to do." Mr Randell went out to inform his superiors that they had finally broken through. 

Cassiopeia cautiously picked up the lid of the coffin and braced herself but nothing happened. 

"Fuck." She gasped. "It's so heavy." 

"It's solid gold what did you think it would be?" Ben said and the entire team came and helped her drag it out of the pyramid. 

After hours of complicated spellwork they had the room curse-free. 

"Job well done lads." Jessie said with a grin. 

"We're finally finished." Horace said flopping to the ground. 

"Apparently we're being relocated to London next." Ben said sitting down next to Horace. "They found a ton of catacombs that are covered in jinxes, hexes and curses." 

"London? Nice!" Cassiopeia grinned. "It'll be bloody freezing though." 

"Ah it should be easy enough. Catacombs are nothing compared to pyramids." Jessie said offhandedly. 

"Yeah it'll take six months tops. Then they're planning to send us to India." 

"How do you know all of this?" 

"I've been here longer than you three. I am more trustworthy with the plans of the future." Ben grinned. 

"What'll we do in India?" 

"I don't know that. But we are getting three days off then we're being sent down to the catacombs."

"Cool." 

Cassiopeia sat down in her tent and scrawled a quick letter to Sirius. 

Dear Sirius. 

We're being sent to London. 

Can't wait to see you, 

Cassie.