Five

(Previously)
"Let me smell it. I won't drink it." Henry smiled.

"Fine." Ray rolled his eyes as Henry sniffed the yellow drink.

"Oh my god! This smells exactly like my favourite blend of sweet tea and wahoo punch!" Henry smiled as he picked up the glass and sipped it, before both him and Ray were trapped in cages.

"What happened to not drinking it?" Ray sarcastically asked.

"Well...well...well. If it isn't Captain Man and his easy-to-cage sidekick, Kid Danger!" Frankini appeared out of nowhere through a cloud of smoke.
———
HENRY
Struggling to escape, was how my reality was going. We had been here for nearly 7 hours and Ray had given up so, I really, was the only one trying to figure out a way to escape as Frankini watched us.

"You can try to escape, but you won't." Frankini smiled as he pranced around the room. This was becoming ridiculous.

"There has to be someone we can contact..." I shook the cage as much as possible.

"There isn't-" As Ray spoke, I realised something.

"-Charlotte." I spoke to Ray as Frankini and Goomer left the room.

"What?" Ray was confused.

"Look. Charlotte was smart enough to pinpoint where Frankini was hiding. If I press the emergency button, she can come save us." She was really getting to me.

"No. I'm not letting her come save us. She's never been a sidekick before. What if she gets herself captured?" Ray made an excellent point.

"We wont know if we don't try." I had my hand on the button, waiting for Ray's permission. He hesitantly nodded, letting me press the button.

Please let Charlotte get the emergency call.

CHARLOTTE
The Man Cave was silent. Schwoz hadn't been seen for nearly 2 hours, probably working on some new technology that Ray had most likely forbid him to make. I had been sitting on the Man Couch, enjoying some blueberry ice-cream, when the Man Cave became filled with the annoying sound of the emergency alarm. I listened to the recording that Ray must have left.

"This is an emergency. Captain Man or Kid Danger have pressed a button signalling that they need help immediately. If someone is listening, please, provide help to the location seen on the monitors." The recording ended.

The location seemed to be KARRY-YOH-DEL-LAY-HEE-HOO. The only problem was, I didn't know what to do. I searched the entire Man Cave, until I came across a tube of glowing gum. This must be what Ray and Henry use to transform to and from their alter egos. I know I shouldn't have, but I put a piece of gum in my mouth and blew a bubble, letting it pop as I transformed into a female version of Kid Danger. I grabbed the weapons that I knew would help, before making my way to help Henry and Ray.

HENRY
I had pressed the button, hoping that Charlotte was on her way.

"Look. While we have the time, I need you to argue with me, about who's fault this is. Now, before you say anything, I know it's my fault, but we need a distraction for Frankini and Goomer if and when Charlotte arrives, so she can knock them out." I explained.

"I can do that..." Ray got ready as Frankini and Goomer walked in.

"Having fun boys?" Frankini smiled.

"So. Are you going to admit that this was your fault?" Ray begin his argument.

"For the last time...I didn't know that the glass would lead to a trap." I retorted.

"Oh, an argument. This'll be fun." Frankini laughed.

"I warned you that the glass might be a trap, yet you still drank from it!" Ray argued.

As Ray argued with me, I saw Charlotte in my Kid Danger costume, sneak in the back door. I hoped she wouldn't make any noise. Luckily enough, she grabbed a small, old floorboard, knocking Frankini over the head with it before lasering Goomer 3 times.

"You guys ok?" She asked, finding a silver key in Frankini's pocket.

"Just unlock us." Ray instructed. Getting over to our cages, she unlocked mine before she unlocked Ray's cage.

"I'm glad you're here. I was worried you wouldn't get the call." I smiled.

"The Man Cave was practically silent. The alarm was annoying, but it was loud and clear. Besides, the recording left by Captain Man was specific." Charlotte smiled. She have me a hug, even when I hesitated, Ray smiled, probably making fun of me. We watched as Frankini woke up, Goomer close to fighting us. Before Frankini had a chance to escape, Ray handcuffed him, as well as knock Goomer out again.

Once Frankini was placed in police custody along with Goomer, we headed back to the Man Cave, getting there at around 10:30pm.

"Have you ever left work this late before?" Charlotte asked as we transformed back and got ready to head out.

"The latest I've left work and gone home is probably 4:30am." I admitted the truth.

"Wow. You must really be committed to this job! No-one I know works that late." I noticed that as we walked, her hand intertwined with mine. As her hand slipped into mine, I felt a small spark, but I pushed it aside.

"Well, I am Captain Man's sidekick and have been for 5 years. I made an oath to protect Swellview and that's exactly what I plan to do." I admitted.

We got to her house. "Well. Looks like my stop is here." She smiled

"Goodnight Char. I'll see you tomorrow at school and then at work." I let her hug me.

"Night Henry." She kissed my cheek after hugging me, making her way inside her home quietly, as to avoid waking up her probably sleeping parents.

Going home myself, I got into my pyjamas and got into bed, closing my eyes, thankful that Charlotte was around to help Ray and I escape from Frankini's capture.