Eight

(Previously)
"Hey guys. I'm Ray. Captain Man is my alter ego." I was surprised that Ray had never told them before.

"Whoa!" Triple G smiled.

"I figured, that since you guys know that Henry is Kid Danger, it's only fair that you guys get to know me as my normal self. I'm Ray Manchester. I'm Henry's boss when we're not fighting crime and I run the fake cover store Junk 'N' Stuff to cover this magnificent Man Cave." Ray walked around, the attention on him and no longer on Charlotte and I...thank god.
———
CHARLOTTE
Babe, Kenzie and I sat in the Man Cave, my eyes half focusing on Babe and half focusing on the monitors.

"So...what's school like in New York? Is it different to Swellview?" I asked, getting a conversation going.

"Oh...uh. We haven't been to school in nearly 2 years..." Kenzie was hesitant.

"Seriously? How? Don't you guys still have another year of school left?" I was extremely confused.

"Yeah...we do...just...not in person..." Babe wasn't sure how to put this.

"What do you mean not in person?" I was still confused.

"Ok. Trip is the son of Double G...right?" Babe started.

"Yeah?" I was becoming more confused by the second.

"Kenzie, Hudson, Trip and I are the owners of the multi-million dollar company Game Shakers, right?" Babe continued, trying to piece together the connection.

"Well...since Trip is famous...and he's our friend...and the son of a pop star, and we're partners with Double G for Game Shakers...that makes us...kinda double famous..." Babe clearly wasn't trying to make a joke out of her explanation.

"Ok?" I was still confused. C'mon! They're giving me all the puzzle pieces! Solve the puzzle already!

"Oh! Double G must worry that because Trip is famous and you're famous and you guys are friends, if you go to school, you'll be bombarded by fans!" It finally clicked in my head.

"Exactly. Now, Double G has given each of us private tutors so we can work and go to school at the same time, making sure we don't lose money by forgetting about the company!" Kenzie smiled.

As we continued talking, Henry, Hudson and Trip walked through the elevator door.

"Hey Char. I just took Hudson and Trip to Inside-Out Burger and I think they're obsessed." Henry really missed his New York friends.

"These burgers are so good!" Trip kept stuffing a burger into his mouth.

"Did you know that they don't go to school and that they have private tutors?!" I saw Henry's face was full of confusion.

"What?" He looked at Hudson.

"Yeah." Hudson confirmed.

"Ok. That's totally insane...but guess what! You four are coming with Char and I to school tomorrow. You're gonna get a taste of school in the suburbs." Henry was definitely going with his spontaneous idea.

"Excuse me...what?" Trip asked, confused.

"Yeah. You guys are coming with us to school!" I wrapped my arm around Henry's waist, going with his insane idea. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I could see that Babe was hurt by his movement.

"Hey Hen? Can I speak to you...in the other room?" I pulled him away, taking him up to the room behind the giant sprocket.

"What's up?" He slightly smiled.

"We're taking them to school tomorrow?!" I whisper-yelled.

"Look! I thought that since they haven't been to school since they became famous...they could spend a day at school...with us! I mean, what if they get a cool idea for a game based on Swellview...or school? Wouldn't it be cool to have a game based on our town?" Henry's idea was becoming more insane.

"Who in their right mind would come up with a game about school or a small town?!" I kept whisper-yelling.

"I'm sorry! I was trying to divert the awkward situation of ours by coming up with an insane plan that could totally work! I mean...didn't you notice that Babe was a little hurt by finding out that you are my girlfriend?" Henry was trying to come up with an excuse.

"I definitely noticed...but I wasn't intending to send them to school with us on their vacation/grounding!" I complained.

"Look! In 2 weeks, they'll be back in New York and we don't have to worry about pretending to love each other!" Henry's words cut me deep.

"You know what? We can be all 'lovey-dovey' for the next two weeks...but after that...I quit this job...and being your girlfriend." I snapped.

"Great! Sounds fine to me! I didn't even want to be in this stupid relationship anyways!" He smiled, seeming happy.

"But you know...I was just trying to be happy for the first time in my life." Before I could cry, I wiped my eyes, leaving the room. As soon as I was in the sight of Babe, I put on a fake smile and walked over to the group, pretending that everything was ok.