Thirteen

(Previously)
"You can't just leave! You are a great addition to our team! We can't afford to lose you." Ray was worried.

"Me offering the deal to Henry was a mistake in the first place." I rolled my eyes as I walked home.
———
CHARLOTTE
Boring. That's how I currently described my life. Normal and boring.

I was once Charlotte Page, the girl who knew that Kid Danger was Henry Hart and Captain Man was Ray Manchester. I once worked for them, having fun while they were on missions. I would talk to Schwoz about random issues that had occurred over the week.

Now, I'm just Charlotte Page. The girl who still knows their secret, and is still keeping it because I want Ray to be safe. I'm friends with a boy that also knows their secret, but has promised not to make a big deal of it. I no longer walk with Henry to school, or help him make ridiculous excuses as to why he has to leave.

Another factor of my current life, is that I walk past the boy who kissed me after rescuing me from the lion. I don't talk to him. I don't smile at him. I don't even look at him. I just notice him out of the corner of my eye and ignore him. But, that's hard when he tries to find ways to communicate with me.

"So. Wanna hang out after school?" Jasper asked as he leaned against the locker next to mine.

"Sure! Can we take ten minutes to study though? I have a Calc-Maths test tomorrow and I really need to pass!" I smiled.

"Of course. We both know how important studying is to you." Jasper smiled as I shut my locker. I noticed Henry, looking more dishevelled than usual. His hair was ok, but his eyes had bags underneath them, his cheeks were red and he looked as if he was about to cry.

We walked towards our class, before Henry's arm grabbed mine. He pulled me slightly closer.

"W-We need to talk." He didn't look sick, just sick of being upset.

"Wh-I-Henry!" I was confused as to why he dragged me into the janitors closet.

"Charlotte...we really need to talk! Please!" Henry was desperate.

Please let the bell ring! I panicked.

"Henry-I-I'm not talking to you." Before the situation could get worse for me, the bell rang.

Saved by the bell! Oh thank god!

I quickly escaped the janitors closet, rushing to class, getting there just before Ms Shapen had even entered the school. The second bell rang, meaning that the class had officially began. Henry luckily made it on time. By the time the bell rang for 2nd period, Henry's watch went off, meaning that Ray would desperately need him.

I could feel Henry's stare on me as he probably wanted me to help with an excuse. Showing my disinterest in helping him, I continued on with my private study, plugging my earphones into my laptop as I wrote notes down that were displayed on my screen. I could hear the door shut, meaning either someone had entered, or Henry had just left.
———
HENRY
Charlotte hadn't said much to me at all. I rushed to the man Cave, having been summoned by Ray who either had a real emergency, or just wanted to show me or tell me something that has no relevance to me.

"What's going on Ray?" I asked as I left the elevator.

"Is Charlotte with you!?" He looked around for her.

"No. She barely said anything to me today." I was upset. I was nearly on the verge of tears, like I had been since last night.

"I thought she would've at least talked to you about the kiss..." Ray was confused.

"It's like she either erased it from her mind, or she just forgot about it. Unfortunately, I haven't forgotten, and it's driving me crazy!" I sat down, my head falling into my hands as I cried.

"Cheer up Henry! You need to forget about her. There are at least 30-50 girls at your school, who would be 100 percent willing to date you!" Ray was kind of right.

"I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I don't want any of those girls. I want Charlotte!" I let my head drop into my arms as I groaned. I couldn't believe that I was upset over not dating Charlotte.