Ten

(Previously)
"What's causing her trouble?" Ray clearly noticed Charlotte avoiding me.

"I don't know..." I lied, knowing exactly why Charlotte was avoiding me. Babe and the gang sat on the couch eating while I did Charlotte's job by keeping an eye on the monitors. Hours passed and she still hadn't come back out into the main part of the Man Cave. Charlotte must really hate me right now.
———
GENERAL
Since the argument between Henry and Charlotte, Henry hadn't been the same to say the least. There were things about Charlotte that he missed. He seemed to notice things about Charlotte that, before now, he'd never seem to care about.

He remembered that Charlotte tried to wear a new hairstyle every day, only leaving her hair in an afro look whenever she was tired.

She never wore dresses, instead focusing on skirts, pants and t-shirts that could highlight her features.

When he took a deep breath in through his nose, he could tell that Charlotte hadn't occupied the Man Cave in days, mainly because the scent of lavender and honeycomb didn't linger. Every time he walked by her locker at school, he was greeted by the familiar scent of lavender and honeycomb, the sent that lingered in his nose until he went to eat his lunch. But when he was at the Man Cave, he hoped that somewhere around the giant headquarters, he would smell Charlotte's signature scent, but he had no luck. It seemed to him that Charlotte was only ever in the Man Cave when he and Ray were on missions, or when Henry wasn't supposed to come into work at all.

As Henry sat on the Man Couch, waiting for Schwoz to return so he could complete his scheduled hyper-motility check, Babe walked into the Man Cave, holding her pear pad as she smiled.

"Hey Hen. Where's Charlotte? Shouldn't she be here?" Babe was slightly hoping that Charlotte wasn't coming in.

"She isn't here. I have no idea where she could be." Henry admitted, rubbing his forehead as he mentally slapped himself for being such as jerk to the girl who was willing to keep his secret. For all he knew, she might have spilled the beans, revealing to the entire town, that he's Kid Danger and that Ray is Captain Man. He wouldn't have been shocked if she had.

"Anyways, the gang and I have a new game idea. We want to create a game about this town." He was shocked.

"Wait...what?" Henry looked at her in confusion.

"I know it sounds strange, but the game would focus on Captain Man and Kid Danger as they battle both real and supernatural villains, while they struggle to defeat the real villain, Drex, who's trying to enslave the town!" To be honest, the game idea wasn't bad.

"That sounds cool." Henry smiled as he checked out the demo for the game on the pear pad.

"That's not all. The game is multiplayer, so people can go online and join the game with their friends, playing not only as Kid Danger and Captain Man, but other characters such as Schwoz and Charlotte. Don't worry, we'll change the names and looks of the other characters to prevent a security breach." Babe reassured me.

"This game sounds amazing. I can't wait to play it!" Henry was excited, finally seeing Schwoz enter the room.

"Thanks for taking your time Schwoz." Henry smiled sarcastically.

"I'm sorry. Ray was talking and he went on and on about his plans for a new weapon." Schwoz made up an excuse. Babe went to sit on the couch while Schwoz got the test for Henry set up.
———
At home, Charlotte laid on her bed, reading her favourite book, although it depicted a unrealistic relationship upheld by a girl who likes to control the life around her and a boy who couldn't care less about being in a relationship with her. Charlotte threw the book across her room, angry at the dimwitted characters who seemed to have a direct correlation with her extremely complicated relationship with Henry.

As she angrily sat on her bed, nearly on the brink of tears, she brought up her TwitFlash. Getting up two pictures, she brought up another two pictures, featuring Captain Man and Kid Danger. The first two images, one of Ray and one of Henry, she uploaded, still getting the rest of her post. She uploaded the second two images, putting the picture of Captain Man under the picture of Ray and the image of Kid Danger underneath the picture of Henry, adding the caption, 'Take off their masks and you see Junk 'N' Stuff owner Ray Manchester as Captain Man and Junk 'N' Stuff employee Henry Hart as Kid Danger'.

She couldn't believe that she was seconds away from posting their secret to the entire world. After a lot of contemplation, Charlotte put her phone down, crying as she looked at the post, still trying to convince herself to press the Share button. Deciding to keep the secret for Ray, she held down the post, dragging it to the letter-box icon, confirming that she wanted to add the post to her drafts. It wasn't like her to have any drafts, since she always posted on her TwitFlash. She exited the app, dropping her phone on her bed as she exhaled the breath she didn't know she was holding.

Charlotte knew that if Henry didn't care about her feelings, then she wouldn't care about his feelings, but knowing that Ray would never talk to her again, she kept the post to herself, not wanting to lose the job she had, working for Captain Man and Kid Danger, even though she would give it up in 2 weeks, all because Henry was being a jerk.