Chapter 12 - The dance

You would expect someone like Shivay to take his sweet time, probably slow down on purpose to make others late.

Here he was, early freaking bird. God knows what deals he must be making behind my back. Enemy. Wicked enemy, I reminded myself.

I shut my thoughts as we reached the destination. I thanked the driver and got off. The bar seemed homely but loud. The music rang in my ear, even before I stepped in. I shuddered at the lingering cold.

I hugged the fur, crushing closer to its warmth. I felt so glad I chose to wear it, as my black gown has this slit near my right thigh. Two lace straps held the sleeveless satin to my skin. I didn't use any make-up except a dark red lipstick.

Mera had placed my tangled hair in a bun, pinning a dull silver clip on top. She had warned me not to play with it when I kept touching it. As it was crafted in a way that if opened, my hair would fall in a great mess of curls. So I restrained from itching it.

Perfect. I looked perfect for tonight's fishing.

A diamond shined on my finger. That ring. I'd not taken off that ring for some reason. It seemed to go with everything I wore. So why would I?

The cold made my face redder and redder. But reaching the glass door, I plastered the biggest fake smile I could muster.

This was a den, a den of wolves.
My eyes searched for one, in particular, my wolf who pretended to be a loyal sheep. My wolf, who would have shook to a million deals till now.

But forget about the deals, Shivay wasn't even here.

I found Tarun calling me, dressed like an elite, in a dark brown suit and glossed up hair.

"I hope you found the castle okay and Mera- helpful."

"The castle is so beautiful, Tarun! It's an admirable bait, I have to agree," I smiled, "And Mera- she's definitely, helpful," I stop myself from raising my eyes.

He's helped us by giving us a personal guide, what more could he do.

"So how's your health now? Shivay told me that you fell sick in the plane, flying overseas makes you sick?" He asked.

Seasick? I travelled almost every month. For some reason, Shivay did not tell him or anyone what happened to me on board. I searched for an answer for Tarun Gupta. But on second thought, why does he need to know anyway?

"What's wrong with me, I'm fine as hell," I grinned sly. Shivay was still not here. Is he at the bar?

"Oh, every man here agrees, Miss-?" A man said, immerging from the sidelines.

I stared at him. He wore a dark robe and green-rimmed sunglasses. His hair is tied in a low pony. He was good-looking beneath all the weird things he clung to himself.

Tarun made the introductions and this was Lafin, special appearance goof Lafin.

"Pleased to meet you," I took his extended hand.

His palm wasn't sweaty- but itchy for some reason. I backed away slightly as the lights dimmed further.

"It's for the dance," Tarun whispered.

Oh. No. There's going to be dancing?
My head hurt at the thought itself. I needed a drink. 

Someone may have called my name but I headed towards the bar.

There was no space to squeeze through. Just get a girl a drink!

I was stuck in the middle, only the exit was free as people were cramped inside. My heart sped at the lack of space. Not one known person near me. Too many strangers. Too many strange, strange people.