CHAPTER 2 - Watch where you walk!

"Leave that Gauri, when are you coming back?" Annika shuffled.

"Next week! I'm just finishing up in London tomorrow. I'm so excited to meet you my Chandni."

"What! next week?! I can't wait!"

"And then you gotta tell me all about your new assistant and that lipstick," Gauri murmured.

"Gauri! " Annika tightened against Gauri's laugh.

"Accha listen I've got to collect some certificates and start packing so I 'll call you later okay?"

"Okay babe, I'll be waiting for you!"

She couldn't stop smiling, her best friend - Gauri is finally going to meet her after 6 months.

Her eyes fell on Shivay, still standing, waiting for her permission to go. Anika was astounded to see that Shivay's face gave no hint of what had happened. Not that something spicy even took place. But the office just needs something to talk about. Especially about their snobby, overworking boss. Her surprise doubled when she saw he'd cleaned up the floor of all her tiny purse items. She'd clearly underestimated him.

As she waved at him to leave, she noticed a card slip down his vest pockets. She was about to pick it up when Peehu entered.

"Peehu, you see that card. Give it to Shivay," she ordered.

Peehu had a look at that card," but ma'am.."

Anika eyed her with reassurance, "Peehu- it's his card."

"Yes ma'am." She placed the card within her file. Anika then instructed Peehu to train Shivay for his job. She had no time to interview him but trusted Peehu's choice.

"Okay, peehu? Now I'm leaving early- I have to get somewhere," she pulled out her purse, "Just handle it and have a nice pretty Vacation with your Varun."

Peehu smiled, "Thank you, ma'am."

Annika's

I smile at her and leave for Nistella. Today wasn't that hectic, speaking to Gauri was like therapy. I know because I went for therapy a while ago. Things were making no sense to me after my accident. So dad suggested it. While it was good it was just too unraveling. Being the CEO, I had to be more responsible so I visit her when it's too stressful up there.

Now I'm going to shop! For Gauri And also Ridhima, Om's girlfriend. Although she doesn't need my gifts, Om is my best friend and he smiles so much when Ridhima is happy. She proposed to him last month just before I left for California.

Although I'm the one who traveled, Om's the one that looks tired, all pale eyes and stringy hair. I've asked him so many times but Om consistently refuses but I hope I'll buy something which they both like!

As I'm trotting to the lift, I see something that confuses me.

Omkara is hugging a man that looked a lot like Shivay.

In fact, on closer inspection, it is shivay. There's no other man that has his hair done so right, even after a tragic lipstick fiasco.

Why are they hugging each other? Does Om know Shivay from somewhere?

Why didn't he tell me before? Why did they act like strangers before me?

I shut all the questions arriving in my mind and walk to them.

Om parts, "That's amazing man- hope your sister has a good married life! also you have a lovely suit there!"

"Thanks, Om," says Shivay.

Oh, he was congratulating him! I'm such an overthinker. Hug seemed a bit over the line for strangers. But men made fast-friends so who knows.      

As Shivay walks away, I stop Om.

"What does Ridhima like? well of course except you," I crunch my knuckles.

His face changes as I take her name, but the next instant he replies.

"Why, what happened Anika?" He asks, eyebrows creased. He's tensed as he didn't even laugh at my apparent joke.

"Actually I was thinking of buying something for you two," I blink twice.

"Hey, you know she'll love whatever you buy" he pleads.

"Okay then. Bye-bye, see you at dinner tonight" I give him a quick hug as he glared at his watch. He's the manager of this branch, probably the busiest employee in the building. But he took out time to see me today, despite his work, fiance, etc. Om, isba friend I never want to lose, along with Gauri.

The elevator arrives as I press the button. Me in the lift was mostly me staring at myself in the mirror, lost in thought about the two black spots on the edge of my chin. How ugly are they? Why are they so weird. Anika! Stop it. They're just dark spots, everyone has them. Gosh. Why.

In the car, there it is. On the radio my favorite song, it melts my heart every time. The pull-in Arijit's voice call for tears out every single time.

no-one's pov

Annika reached 'Nistella Boutique' where she was welcomed by the staff.

"Nistella Boutique" was owned by a sister-brand company to the Oberois.

Annika was the marketing head of the fashion wing of The Oberoi Industry. She studied fashion from abroad but her style was so funky and fresh, it completely adapted to the Indian demographic. When her style was trending in India, she moved back to India. In case of choosing clothes, one look was all she needed to know which one was the right one.

She was impressed by the collection of outfits they kept and the hospitality they provided.

As the sun began dipping dark, Annika was tired of shopping. She billed her items and carried some bags as the driver couldn't take them all in a single trip to the car. She was already late to dinner!

"Wow, I've done quite a lot of shopping today, I hope Om and Rudy like the gifts," she thought while passing through the gates.

She was indulged in her thoughts when a man dashed into her, dropping her shopping bags too.

"What The Hell! "She said looking at her clothes on the floor.

"Walk where you walk! I just bought these! Can't you-," she rained in anger, but paused as she saw the man's face.

"I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean to," he said picking up her bags.

"Shivay? You?!"

"Oh Anika, it's you."

"I just bought these Shivay! You should keep your eyes open while walking !"

He frowned, mean, but said nothing.
"Okay, Miss Oberoi," he said, stressing on the miss. He huffed and walked away, dropping her bags down.

Her eyes widened at his reaction.

Firstly, he dashed into her bags, and now instead of helping her, he's showing her his attitude.

She stomped her foot in irritation when her driver came and picked up all the bags, a little scared.

"Oh, you've got that attitude? I'll make sure it is gone by tomorrow when you walk on my grounds," she thought smirking.

★ ☽ ★

Words: 1137.

( and it did go further! I've written some more chapters and let me tell you the 1000- word limit. I'm crossing it literally in every chapter. )

Disclaimer- the plot has just started to thicken. More dealings and a dinner is yet to come.

Vote! Comment if you like. And I really loved the response on the last one! (Made me smile too bad for too long) Thank you for the love!