CHAPTER 1 - Anika 2.0

Walking towards the cubical, she saw her assistant chatting with her friends.

She tapped on the table and peehu looked up. She could see the anger and stress on her creased forehead.

The assistant trembled, when she threw her things off the table. Clicks and clungs were the only audible sound in the room full of employees, fallen silent to Anika's wrath. No-one stopped doing their jobs though. This was just another bad day for an employee here.

"I told you once, I'm repeating it again! If you don't want to work, leave this company!" she huffed,"We need dedicated Employees, not lazy gossipers, Peehu Sharma! If you aren't interested in your work, the door is open,"she said pointing sharp towards the gate.

As the gates opened, Anika slithered against the strong wind that entered.

A man with a neat stubble came walking in. Annika turned and glared at his blunt shadow.

Such a handsome man he was! All the office girls and boys too were shocked seeing him. Dropped jaws and wide eyes all over the Oberoi headquarters today. Anika

Annika Singh Oberoi, the CEO of The Oberoi Industries asked,"who the hell are you? and how did you enter my office without my permission? Why are-"

"Don't say why! just say Shivay," he winked.

Anika sighed bitterly. This man was standing in her office headquarters and talking back to her.

"Shivaye? Uhh another one to handle" she clicked her fingers,"Peehu get him out of my sight! Look into it."

Peehu lightly straightened her glasses ,"Okay ma'am."

Annika walked into her office and sat on her chair. She started looking into her files when there was a knock on the door. She ignored it at first and then heard another.

"What is it Peehu?"

"It's shivay,"he said in a swirly tone.

"Again!", she whispered,"what is it?!"

And there he was! The man wore a deep blue suit and an ever quirked up smile. Subtly to her surprise, Annika Singh Oberoi drooled over his neck. Unfortunately, Shivay caught it.

"Haha all ladies are welcome to stare at this piece of art," he said, eyeing her.

"I wasn't!" she lied sheepishly.

"Yes you were Mrs.Oberoi," Shivay stood against the chair.

"Uhm It's Ms.Oberoi," she raised her eyebrows, "I am the unmarried CEO, those auntys like to gossip about."

"Ooo Anika Singh Oberoi," Shivay said it like it was an inside joke.

"Wait, what did you want?" Anika casually flipped through a few files, signing them.

"You" Shivay grinned.

"What?!" her pen fell out of her grasp.

"Your signature on my job application!" he opened the file he held, before her. The red file was filled with blue lined company papers, they reeked of smoke. This Shivay might be the one, who's at fault for that. Anika was not a fan of smoking, especially in office hours. But this wouldn't be a problem at all, as she was not keeping him.

"I am sorry Shivay but there are no vacancies right now," Anika informed. There was so much about this guy that annoyed her. But when it came to business, Anika was civil.

"Actually your assistant, Ms.Sharma is going on a break so she called me. I gave her an interview long time back, for any substitute job openings"  said Shivay.

"Peehu? but she did not mention you at all."

Shivay was about to answer when Annika's purse, fell off the topmost shelf beside Shivay. Shivay rushed to get hold of it. It toppled upside down.

While some of Annika's things were falling over his head. It became worse when Annika's lipstick fell off open and tossed over his face landing on the ground. Shivay was out of words now, Annika was embarrassed as Shivay's white face was covered in the lipstick she wore .

She brought some tissues and handed them to him.

"Ma'am these don't work," he kept rubbing them against his cheeks and chin. Anika kept passing him more tissues, but these didn't rub off easy. They stayed like a mark on someone's character.

"Of-course it won't so easily, it's a Rigov lipstick," Rigov was Anika's personal brand of water proof and smudge-proof lipstick," and call me Annika!"

"Annika it's .."

When the manager walked into her office "O smidge!" he looked at Shivay and his red face, then at Anika and the messy room, then at Shivay again.

"Om It's not what you think. This is-"

"It's okay ma'am. Actually it's my fault, I should've knocked," he teased.

"Om! it's me who told you not to knock whenever you come in. Can you stop now!"

"Excuse Me, what's going on ? I'm still in lipstick," Shivay gestured.

"Oooh! I See" Om smiled, stroking his chin.

"you stop that now, or I'l have to talk to Ridhi..."

"No no-no need, I'm going. You guys can continue your makeout session," he giggled. Anika tapped her head, while Shivay grinned looking down.

"Wait...what was your name again ? "asked Om.

"Shivay, Shivay Malhotra, Sir."

"Oh, can I talk to you outside in a while?" Om stated serious again," if we're hiring you, there's some things we can discuss,"

"If i'l be cleaned up from your boss's lipstick " said shivay.

"That looks difficult," Om winked and laughed while heading out. When Annika's phone rang, the caller ID read -Gaurii and that brought a smile on her face.

"Helloo Miss CEO! what's going on, how's Jetlag and the Grand Empire running going on without me?"asked Gauri.

"Nothing much G, it's just that my lipstick just landed up on my assistant,"Anika uttered looking at Shivay.

"WHAT?"Said Gauri.

 ★ ☽ ★

Words: 942.

( I try to not go over 1000 usually, but this is shivika so it might go over further. )

*First draft, please bear my bad grammar*

Vote! Comment if you like. And thanks for reading this, you made my day a bit less anxious.