Chapter 13 - Dance, Wine & a punch

!Strong language Alert!

"Shivay, you're here."

He read the shock on my face, "Don't be too happy," he smiled, "Dance."

And he danced so slow not keeping up with the changing rhythm. I clasped my hand into his. Because if I kept my hand on his shoulder again, I might sleep off and he might have to pick me up and take me home again.

"Where do you keep losing yourself?" He asked as my vision cleared.

I turned my eyes to his, "Nowhere."

He untwisted me, "Come on, what is it."

The music beat his speed but he did not fasten to it. He extended his hands again and I reached out falling- his hold over my waist saved me from it.

I stared into his shiny blue eyes, "You," I say if just to mess with him.

But as he heard the word, his breathe hitched, and at that moment, I didn't know whether I was messing with him or he was messing with me.

We did not speak after but my eyes. . . never left his.

***

Turning her, wrapping her close, they were like two tortoises doing the tango.

Annika could not understand why she continued the dance. If she chose to, he wouldn't stop her. If she chose to go to her rooms right at this moment, he would escort her back without question or comment.

This was not the Shivay she'd met the first time. He was more. .carefree? He wasn't as thoughtful. Or maybe she didn't know him at all. . .

Annika danced freely, back-arching, tapping her legs. One song became two, then three, and then they lost count after. Annika dazed in his blue eyes with blooming confidence. She felt more like herself with every step she took.

Alongside them, Lafin danced, a smile as he looked at Annika. She gave him a sneering grin and turned gentle again, but Shivay's eyes weren't blue anymore, the edges of his eyes ran dark red.

"What's making you so angry?" She asked, knowing full well. Jealousy. But why?

"Just a bit hungry," he cooled slightly, as she swayed in his arms, smiling more evily than him.

"That's what happens when you only drink."

"I haven't had a single drink tonight."

"Can't handle it?" She grinned, her words an impending challenge. The bite in her voice. He just pulled her through the crowd, scaring her a bit at the sudden gesture.

But then he brought her to the bar, gently leaving her hand. After seeing her expression, he stood silent, about to apologize but she just shrugged.

"So you plan to get drunk to show off to me?"

"Nope," he smirked, "I'm thinking of a drink-off."

"A drink-off?"

"Yes, me and ah-a friend would do this but she'd have to drink shots of coffee instead of vodka, as she hated coffee," he laughed with effort.

She? Annika thought, a girlfriend, "She doesn't sound like your type."

"She wasn't," but instead of distaste, his eyes glittered like diamonds.

Annika wanted to ask more about this girl, but she stopped herself as the barkeeper approached them.

She smoothened into a smile, ordering a tray of vodka with a spring of lemon, and requested them to keep it coming. Just the way she liked it.