Chapter 14 - Just plain amazing, Annika

When I woke up, I did not feel alone today.

I pulled my blanket down, yawning while sitting up straight. My clothes were haphazard and ruffled, sticking to me at some ends and pulled at the other.

Then I knew why I did not feel alone. Because I wasn't.

I covered my mouth to stop myself from gasping too loud.

No, this can't be. No. No. No.

I was in this room full of plush pillows- a lounge alone, lying against a man. We were both covered in the same blanket. O my sweet god. Had I slept with this man? Did I have a one-night stand of some sorts?

No.

When I tried to remember the happenings of last night, it was all blur. Come on Annika! What are the last things I remember.

I came back to my room, Yes. I freshened up, Yes. I hunted the lounge next to my room, Yes. And then. Yes, shivay came here. I narrowed my eyes staring at the blanket.

Wait.

I rolled over the blanket covering the man's face.

I pressed my fingers to my eyes. It was Shivay.

Still closing my eyes, I pulled the blanket lower. Please be wearing clothes, I prayed. Please. Be. Wearing. Clothes.

I huffed out a breath when I saw him fully clothed. Thank God.

For all the alcohol I consumed, I tried to avoid getting into a one-night stand. I still didn't remember what my life was like before.

So yes, I haven't slept with anyone in two freaking years. Probably longer, who knows.
It sounds frustratingly impossible but I had some close calls at bars. It was why I avoided getting drunk alone. It was always with Om or Gauri. Rudra usually didn't get too drunk because of his gym routine.

After the accident, I was in a coma for about 6-7 months. When I woke up, I was straight in therapy and then I started working.

Therapy lasted a month. It did not work as it was supposed to. Because I didn't feel anything. No grief, nothing. I felt like I was torn but not for the reasons the therapist mentioned. So I dropped it. I had a few ups and downs after that. But I was fine until. .

I stared at Shivay's eyes. His eyelids against his brows. So calm. Like a wise baby. If those even existed. His nose was straight and soft. And his lips. . were dark pink? Was he wearing. . . .my lip balm?

Oh no.

Oh no no no. No.

I hopped up on my feet and ran to my room. I clutched the closet mirror to check my lips. I was wearing a lip balm but it was smudged. I banged my head against the mirror, "Annika! You stupid stupid girl!"

I cursed, staring at my face. But another shout stopped me.

"Annika?" Shivay stood at my door.

"Uh-ah," I flustered, my throat feeling sore. Oh god, Annika how much wine did you drink?

Shivay was pretty much still hungover. Mine was already cured by the shocks I got over the morning, "Did we pass out in the lounge?" He scratched his messy hair.

"Yes," I replied not turning.

"Hmm, why are you not- not looking at me?" He asked, "Is there something on my face? I feel a bit-," he walked closer to the mirror.

"NO!" I finally turned, raising my hands above my head, I smiled, "Your face is perfect Shivay."

He squinted his eyes real small, "What..Is wrong with you today?"