2. Sick

Kuroo watched as Tsukishima set his bag down and sat in a plastic chair. "Would you like me to leave?" 

"You're fine," Tsukishima whispered. He looked at Yamaguchi's face. Still the ventilator. Not as many bandages. 

"It's been a week…" 

"I'm not letting them pull the plug." 

"Dude…" 

"His chances went up slightly. He's not dying." 

Kuroo nodded. 

Tsukishima gently held Yamaguchi's hand. His fingers were a little dry from the lack of lotioning them. This was odd. 

Kuroo yawned. "I need to get home to Kenma, okay?" 

"Okay." 

Kuroo looked over his friend again. Tsukishima looked like he hadn't slept in so long. Had he showered? 

Tsukishima put his head down on the bed and just held Yamaguchi's hand. He wasn't one to talk much when he was in a bad situation. 

But he did today. He whispered what had been happening lately. He left out the fact that he'd been too nervous to eat today. He left out anything that would be upsetting. 

"I love you Tadashi…" Tsukishima kissed over one of his knuckles. He closed his eyes, just trying to relax so he could think. 

"Tsukishima?" 

Tsukishima hummed. 

"It's Hinata…" 

Tsukishima looked up. "Why are you here?" 

"Checking on Yama. Is he going to be okay?" 

"Yeah." 

Hinata glanced to the door where Kageyama was stood, looking worried as well. "How long has he been asleep?" 

"A week." Tsukishima put his head down and sighed softly. "Why?" 

"I- we're just worried. Both me and Kags. And the team." 

Tsukishima closed his eyes. What was he supposed to say to that? He was so worried that it physically hurt him. Everyone loved him. Everyone was going to be worried. 

"What type of injuries does he have?" 

"His hips were shattered. Three broken ribs. Brain bleed and concussion. They think he's not going to be able to walk because of his spine and pelvis. His arm is broken. Burns from the car." 

"Oh no…" 

Tsukishima yawned. "The burns aren't bad. The cuts are healing slightly." 

"There's nothing they can do?" 

"Not until he wakes up." 

Hinata fiddled for a moment. "I learned to cook! If you want I can bring you stuff. Suga and Tanaka and Ennoshita cook well! And Oikawa's boyfriend is a doctor. Iwaizumi I think. We can help if you want. I think it would help to have a few extra hands to help and… And…" Hinata looked at Yamaguchi's face. His lip trembled. "I wanna help so bad. He's hurt…" 

Tsukishima looked over and stared. He gulped. "Hinata what can you cook? I spend most of my time here or at work." 

"A lot. I can make a lot of stuff. Kags is a picky eater too so I can make whatever you want." 

Tsukishima nodded. "Thank you." 

Hinata nodded and walked out, taking Kageyama's hand. 

Tsukishima scooted closer to the bed and relaxed again. He closed his eyes and kept a hold of Yamaguchi's hand. Eventually, he drifted off and was sleeping next to him.