7. Home

Yamaguchi looked around, worried. Doctors had said today he could go home. Today he was going to ride in a car and listen to the radio and smell the air freshener. He was going to sleep in his bed full of stuffed animals and with Tsukishima. 

He got to go home… Right? 

"Tadashi, have you recently been able to move your broken arm?" 

"Y-yes." 

"Good. How is your memory?" 

Yamaguchi gave a thumbs up. 

"Alright. Good. We're just going to check on you." 

Yamaguchi nodded. He felt his hips start to burn as he was moved. "Mm! M-MM!" 

"Relax." 

Yamaguchi panicked. His pelvis ached and then felt like it was being pinched at the muscles. He was being put flat on his back, which was the worse way to lay for him at the moment. He screamed to get them to stop. 

"There's something wrong with your hips and ribs. I need to check." 

Yamaguchi looked around, frantic. The other doctors were gone. But the pain was getting worse. 

If he was shifted one more time he was going to cry. 

"How have your hips felt recently?" 

One of Yamaguchi's hips popped. His vision went black for a moment before he sighed shakily. No time for tears. He wanted to go home. 

"Good. One pop." 

His hips popped again and he gasped. His vision darkened completely. It hurt so bad.

"You'll need to get yourself a support." 

Yamaguchi choked, catching a sob. He coughed. When could he go home? 

****

Tsukishima set down his bag, yawning. "I'm back angel. Are your things… Packed…" He paused, staring at Yamaguchi. He looked more than tired. Farther than exhausted. Tsukishima got closer, thinking another panic attack had happened. 

Yamaguchi shakily moved a hand forward. 

"No questions. I'm giving you my phone so you can type. I'm getting Lea too." 

Yamaguchi nodded. He typed slowly as Tsukishima was out. When he came back, he hadn't finished at all. He'd gotten barely a sentence in before Tsukishima came back with Lea. 

Yamaguchi put the phone down and watched them. He had no energy to try and remember to talk or move much. "Tadashi do your hips hurt?" 

"Mm…" 

"Alright. Eight out of ten?" 

Yanaguchi blinked twice. 

"Above eight?" Lea questioned. 

Yamaguchi blinked once. 

She nodded. "Full ten?" 

Yamaguchi blinked once. 

"Tsukishima, don't touch him." She got up and ran out. When she returned it was with two male nurses and medication ready to put into an IV. "He's not supposed to be on his back like that. Put the bed up a bit. Pillows should be around his hips too." 

Tsukishima stood and watched as Yamaguchi was moved gently. Every time he was alone something happened. 

Yamaguchi wasn't responsive much, near unconscious with the pain. The medications wouldn't kick in fast enough before he did pass out. Tsukishima was allowed back over. He hugged him carefully, himself shaking.