12. Pink

Bokuto glanced at Akaashi, who was helping Yamaguchi get back into his chair. He'd tried sitting with the help of his wheelchair. And fallen. Twice. 

Independence only went so far for him. 

Akaashi was laughing with him, holding him close. "That was odd." 

"Y-yeah." Yamaguchi laughed. He shifted. Not too painful but still bothering. 

There was a click of a door and everyone looked up. Tsukishima walked into the kitchen, drowsy. "Hey, Angel… Where's the Advil?" 

"Tsuki!" 

"Yes baby, Tsuki. Where-" Tsukishima looked up before clearing his throat. "Hey. You know where the Advil is?" 

Bokuto laughed. "Angel? Baby?" 

"Stop it." 

Yamaguchi pointed to the counter. 

Tsukishima grabbed the bottle and a glass. "How long was I asleep?" 

"Nearly a whole day. And then another eight hours." 

"Eh…" 

"Don't worry! Yams over here has done a lot on his own. He relearned how to make some food. And he's doing a lot more now. Show him what you learned." 

Yamaguchi opened and closed his mouth, preparing himself. "I… Luh… Love… Yuh… You!" 

Tsukishima hesitated, uncomfortable with the fact that he would be showing affection in front of others. He loved Yamaguchi but situations like this made him nervous. 

"Tsuki?" 

Tsukishima pointed to both of the others in the room. 

"Oh!" Yamaguchi clapped his hands and Akaashi and Bokuto looked at him. Yamaguchi covered his eyes and pointed to them. 

Bokuto and Akaashi covered their eyes. 

Tsukishima hurried to Yamaguchi and kissed him, holding him close. He got close to his ear, whispering to him about how proud he was. After that, he let the other males put their hands down. 

He took the medication and sent Bokuto and Akaashi home. He got Yamaguchi to shower with him, holding him close. 

This shower was more intimate than any others since the accident and everything was warm and felt amazing. Tsukishima didn't mind much about the affection. He wanted more affection now. He wanted to go back to normal. 

To when Yamaguchi would dance with him. When he would sing. When he would run and yell. 

When Yamaguchi wasn't ashamed of what his body looked like. 

When he felt like both of them were all there. 

Tsukishima was a mess. Yamaguchi was vibrant but secretive. It hurt. 

****

Yamaguchi stared at the ceiling, panting. This was it. He was going to try today. 

Two doctors lifted him and set his feet on the ground. He gasped, feeling immense pain around his hips and back. 

The pain didn't distract him for very long. He was standing. Not on his own yet but he was doing it and he was trying. 

"Alright, fifteen seconds are up." 

Yamaguchi was lifted back up. He relaxed a bit, closing his eyes. 

"How was the pain this time?" 

"S… Six." Yamaguchi smiled. He moved a leg up a few inches. His knee popped and he flinched. "H-half." 

"Six and a half out of a full ten?"