26. Started

Kei took a deep breath, huddling into the warmth he was spooning. Tadashi was sleeping peacefully against his chest, drooling onto Kei's arm. This was another normal morning for them. 

Kei shifted. "Tadashi… Your alarm is going off." 

"Mm. Hang on." Tadashi whispered.

"I fucking hate this song." 

"Shuddup." He reached under his pillow. He switched off his phone. 

Kei yawned. "What's the date?" 

"Can't remember dates." 

"You're tired." Tsukishima glanced at the calendar on Tadashi's side of the bed. There were x's to a circled date. Today. "It's the fourteenth." 

"Crash day."

"No, no wrong month. This is October." 

"Oh right." Tadashi turned around. "So?" 

"Baby day." 

The smaller male just laid there before gasping in disbelief. "Baby day…" 

Kei sat up slowly. He yawned. "Come on." 

Tadashi got up slowly. He shuffled to their closet where the bar on it that was holding clothes was lower. Kei had moved it down and reinstalled it himself so that Tadashi wouldn't strain his body. He whined. "What's the temp?"

"62 degrees (16.7 C)," Kei mumbled. He was turning on the shower. "Pick something for me too." 

"Mkay." Tadashi grabbed himself a white t-shirt, button-up, grey dress pants, and a black coat. He tossed them on his side of the bed. He grabbed black dress pants, an undershirt, a dark blue dress shirt, and a grey coat. 

"Babe. Shower time." 

Tadashi stripped down, got into the shower, and leaned into Kei. The blond washed him off. They both washed off and Kei dried his husband's hair. 

They both looked nice and ate, each completely silent. This was a big day. Both were finally awake. 

"Kei."

"Mm?" 

"We're an hour away from being parents." 

"We are." Kei slipped on his coat. He was smiling. 

Tadashi clapped, trying not to squeal. "We're almost dads!" 

Kei laughed. He kissed his cheek. He led him to the car, only having the smaller male's cane with them. 

"Oh, I hope they're soft. I love soft babies." 

"Pfft." 

Tadashi wiggled. "Aah!"

Kei held his hand. "Deep breaths." 

"Why aren't you wiggly?" 

"I am. Just on the inside." He pulled into the parking lot to the hospital a while later. They both sat there, giddy. Kei never really showed it but he was smiling, holding his bag. "Come on." 

Tadashi got out with him, using his cane to get to the door and inside. Kei had a baby carrier in hand. Tadashi stood by the blond, watching him talk. 

"The mother is healthy and she seems to be doing okay. The baby is also doing great. He's 5.8 pounds and his lungs are doing great." 

"A boy!" Tadashi grinned. 

Kei smiled at him. "A boy." 

The nurse started to lead them down the hall. "Have you two come up with a name?"