4. Close

"Oh, how wonderful!" Suga clapped. "He's doing so good!" 

Tsukishima looked up from helping Yamaguchi move his arm. "Don't tell me that, tell him. He's the one moving." 

Suga stopped before smiling again. "You're right. You're doing great Yamaguchi." 

Yamaguchi's mouth twitched slightly as he tried to smile. Tsukishima rubbed his hair. "Would you like to try getting the bed up to sit up?" 

Yamaguchi gave him a thumbs up, his hand shaking as he did so. 

Tsukishima grabbed the remote and the bed raised slowly. Yamaguchi was nearly sitting up before the pressure on his back and hips became too much. He whined and grabbed a bit at Tsukishima. "I get it. It's okay." Tsukishima stopped and they started over on getting him to move his arm. 

Suga watched as Tsukishima moved around Yamaguchi. He was loving on him, holding his hand and helping his shaky movements become something a bit more. He was helping him bend his elbow, Yamaguchi watching. 

"Mm… How are you feeling? Good?"

Yamaguchi blinked once. He yawned. 

Tsukishima chuckled softly. "It's not even dinner time for you yet. You're so sleepy…" He rubbed his cheek. "You wanna go ahead and sleep?" 

Yamaguchi moved his fingers. He blinked twice. 

"Ah. Okay." Tsukishima kissed his forehead. "I love you." 

"Mm." 

Suga stepped out of the room. He wanted to make sure that he wouldn't intrude on their bonding. Tsukishima had never in his life acted so sweet in front of others. Suga didn't want to mess it up. 

"Mm… Mm…" 

"Are you trying to talk?" 

He blinked once and whined. 

"You're getting a bit better." 

Yamaguchi gulped and stared at him. 

"Dinner time!"

Yamaguchi slowly turned his head to see his nurse. She was an American woman who he adored for her brightness. Tsukishima worked with her decently so that they could get him to eat. "Mm!" 

Tsukishima smiled. The nurse came closer and Tsukishima helped her put the tray down. "We have onion soup today. You didn't like whatever yesterday's was. The heavier foods you can try after this." 

Yamaguchi squirmed ever so slightly, panting softly since he couldn't talk. Tsukishima smiled. This hurt to watch. 

"Alright. Tsukishima, just press the call button and I'll come back." 

"Okay." He lifted the spoon and made sure it wasn't hot. "You ready?" 

"Mm!" Yamaguchi opened his mouth a bit and managed to move his head forward an inch. 

Tsukishima fed him and managed not to get himself sad. It hurt to watch him not be able to talk or move much. He wanted his partner back but this was his partner and he still loved him. 

Yamaguchi got down the soup and was brought little rectangles of scrambled eggs. He got excited and Tsukishima fed this to him as well. "M-mm! Hm!" 

"You don't like it?" 

The nurse smiled. "You taste the vegetables, don't you?" 

Yamaguchi moved his hand into a fist and got himself to make a thumbs up. 

Tsukishima got him to eat two more before Yamaguchi choked and started struggling. He was leaned forward until he spit up what he had choked on. 

By then he was tired and leaning into Tsukishima. "Had enough excitement for today?"