20. Bully Tadashi

Yamaguchi held Tsukishima's face in his hands, smiling. Tsukishima had been crying again. He was just sitting there, sniffling and hiccuping as he cried. Yamaguchi had been working his way through a whole conversation, giggling and teasing when it had happened.

Tsukishima had gotten overly proud and happy while just listening and suddenly started to cry. He had to blubber out a response, going along with his agreement to say why he was crying when it happened. It had been so nice the last few times, Tsukishima already feeling better. 

Yamaguchi gave him one long hug and a kiss and would let him cry it out. Then he would get the explanation and Tsukishima would get more hugs and kisses. It worked so well and Tsukishima confided in him his insecurity of letting him down and wanting to change to be better. 

Right now he was almost done crying, sniffling. 

"You need to blow your nose?" 

"You can talk so much I'm so proud of you!" Tsukishima flopped into him. Yamaguchi pat his back. 

"Love… My shirt is not a… Tissue." 

Tsukishima kissed his cheek. 

"Haha…" He grabbed a tissue. "I won't wipe it." 

Tsukishima blew his nose. He sanitized his hands and coughed. For a moment he stared at Yamaguchi. Yamaguchi smiled. 

"I love you." 

"I love you too." 

Yamaguchi kissed him before wiggling down into his wheelchair. He led Tsukishima to the kitchen where they both helped each other make coffee, Tsukishima still being a bit out of it. 

Eventually they were getting dressed, Yamaguchi needing a lot of help with his socks. Despite his speech improving greatly, his back and hips had progressively gotten worse in the pain aspect. This meant even bending over to change his socks hurt like someone pulling his spine out of his back. 

Tsukishima now put pillows under his hips to help change his pants and underwear. This included the hip brace he needed and scar cream for where his surgeries had happened. He was relaxed when this happened, practicing counting and pronunciation to distract himself. 

"Tadashi, would you like some muffins? They've got the ones with sugar baked on top." 

"Yeah!" 

"Woah… Mamma, why is he in a wheelchair? I thought only movies had that." 

Yamaguchi tensed. Tsukishima paid for the muffins and turned around. The little girl was staring at Yamaguchi, who was visibly uncomfortable. He rolled himself backward and then to the side where he tried to get to his chair forward to a table. Someone walked up in front of him, blocking him from moving. 

Tsukishima sighed. "Damn is it bully Tadashi day…" 

"Apparently."

"Excuse us." Tsukishima helped him around the person. "You sure you want me to leave you here while I work?" 

"Mhmm." 

"If you say so. You need to text me if something happens." 

Yamaguchi looked around, confused. Today must be a sucky day. None of the tables with wheelchair accessibility were open. It's not like he actually fit there, seeing as the tables weren't high enough for some reason. 

"Hey, baby we might need to go outside…" 

Yamaguchi's mood dropped a bit. He wasn't able to do something again. "I can stand. I gotta."